1. In Prague's rating of the film El topo

must be nicolaescu's idol, what he aspired to & failed

2. João Ricardo's rating of the film El topo

Mais uma vez, Jodorowsky procura um caminho para a iluminação! Filme surrealista e repleto de simbologias e críticas à religião e aos seres humanos. 4.1

3. Brooke Naomi's rating of the film El topo

4. Mihail, caine de circ's rating of the film El topo

One day i will have the brains to understand at least some of this movie. One day...

5. Charles Coleman's rating of the film El topo

6. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film El topo

A bizarre dream western filled with grotesque images and copious blood.

7. Diogo Pires's rating of the film El topo

fun fact: watched it at the 2017 edition of MOTELX with Jodorowsky standing right in front of me in the theater. (35mm)

8. Teresa Silva's rating of the film El topo

El topo es un animal que cava galerías bajo la tierra buscando el sol y a veces su camino lo lleva a la superficie: cuando ve el sol, queda ciego

9. Adam Whybray's rating of the film El topo

Insufferable. The Gnosticism is contaminated by toxic masculinity. As a fan of Herzog and an occasional admirer of Haneke I have often steeled myself against animal abuse in the name of art, however repellent I find the practice to be. However, not in the name of smug nihilism. Nor the abuse of humans: "I said, 'Now it's my turn. Roll the cameras.' And I really...I really...I really raped her. And she screamed.'"

10. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film El topo

11. nathan's rating of the film El topo

12. Louis Robert's rating of the film El topo

Tout est là pour provoquer et aller chercher les cordes sensibles. La vision de Jodorowsky est complètement insane. J'aurais aimé visionné le film pendant l'époque hippie, j'ai l'impression qu'il fusionnait parfaitement à l'air du temps.

13. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film El topo

A weird animal of a film. I mean weird as hell and really disturbing. Even the opening sequence can't prepare you for what's to come. Seriously, Jodorowsky's take on the western genre is uniquely fascinating and as insane as you'd expect from him. It's kind of a thematic meditation on life, violence, ambition and each one's real purpose in the world. I think. I think... Not sure about those dead rabbits though.

14. Tyler Wright's rating of the film El topo

Is it odd that I find this film extremely entertaining?

15. Bernardo Crastes's rating of the film El topo

It develops like a dream. I came here looking for a different type of surrealism, but I wasn't displeased. Its beautiful cinematography and bursting symbolism overcome the ludicrous plot, which is slightly off-putting. The second half seems to drag itself a bit, compensating with its crudeness and critique.

16. uenus's rating of the film El topo

17. FISCHER's rating of the film El topo

Baroque et quelquefois plutôt confus ! www.cinefiches.com

18. sabrina's rating of the film El topo

This is the best Jodorowsky film imo.

19. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film El topo

Vi esta película hace como 20 años. Revisitarla fue una experiencia decepcionante. Los primeros 15 o 20 minutos donde conocemos al Topo y lo vemos hacer justicia funcionan como un digno homenaje al estilo de Sergio Leone con su buena dosis de surrealismo. Pero a partir de la búsqueda de los 4 maestros, la película se torna cursi, ingenua y aburrida. El montaje es brusco y torpe en varias ocasiones.

20. Wee Hunk's rating of the film El topo

This is hard to judge because it probably had to be seen at the time to appreciate the context. In the current context nothing here works.

21. dentinhos's rating of the film El topo

Revisto no CCBB com Natércia e Marcella.

22. Luca's rating of the film El topo

23. mubianer's rating of the film El topo

Nah. Beautifully filmed, but nonsense.

24. the prince's rating of the film El topo