1. Carlos Tejeda's rating of the film Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films

Artículo (suplemento cultural "It's playtime"): https://lamiradadealbert.wordpress.com/2015/03/09/electric-boongaloo-mark-hartley/

2. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films

Menahen Golan amaba hacer películas con todas las fuerzas de su ser, pero lamentablemente su entusiasmo era inversamente proporcional a la calidad de la mayoría de las obras que produjo. Afortunadamente hubo excepciones: Runaway Train, 52 Pick-Up, Love Streams y esa extravagancia llamada Lifeforce.

3. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films

A very entertaining doc about a story so crazy it had to be true. I liked that most of the people who were interviewed seemed pretty candid about the whole thing and did not try to sugarcoat or diminish what had happened. Growing up in the 80´s I saw pretty much all of the Cannon movies that found their way to my country so this was a real nostalgia piece for me.

4. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films

Pretty straightforward, if hilarious retelling of the madness that was Cannon Films in the 80s. I was glad to see some of my favorite films there and finding out about some other crazy stuff.

5. Aardsy's rating of the film Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films

A bunch of fun but lacks narrative continuity.

6. The Macho King's rating of the film Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films

7. Thomas's rating of the film Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films

Lurid, sensational fun. Highly enjoyable.

8. HKFanatic's rating of the film Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films

Part of me wishes that this doc devoted as much time to Cannons' illustrious catalog of action and martial arts films - truly the label's bread 'n butter and the reason why they're remembered so fondly today - as it seems to their softcore and sexploitation films. But I also realize I'm in the minority of people who'd happily watch a 105-minute documentary on the making of Jean-Claude Van Damme's "Cyborg" alone.

9. film_lies101's rating of the film Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films

10. Film Aficionerdo's rating of the film Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films

Hartley's style is becoming slightly tiresome. It's the exact same documentary as Machete Maidens Unleashed and Not Quite Hollywood. The novelty lies within revisiting Canon films, but it isn't quite as exciting as Hartley's previous films. However, it definitely made me want to rewatch a number of Golan and Globus pictures.

11. Moses Lumpkin's rating of the film Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films

A watershed moment in film history, captured perfectly.

12. Xesus Duarte Patiño Rumbo's rating of the film Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films

I grew up with this movies. And loved this documentary.

13. S Campbell's rating of the film Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films

Great doc of a bad but still memorable film company

14. Pymo's rating of the film Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films

Let's make movies at any cost!

15. Michael Harbour's rating of the film Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films

The story of Israeli cousins who created an American movie empire out if enthusiasm, ambition, imagination, and chutzpah. Plus some creative financing. Their method of financing a picture by pre-selling the rights has become industry standard and has perhaps seen its ultimate expression in Kickstarter financed movies http://letterboxd.com/mharbour/film/electric-boogaloo-the-wild-untold-story-of-cannon-films/

16. ABVH's rating of the film Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films

80s was a decade of "anything goes"!

17. msmichel's rating of the film Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films

TIFF '14 Hartley's latest finds him moving on from Australia and Philippines 'B' movies and examining the kings of schlock Golan and Golbus. What started as a homage however quickly becomes an Icarus tale with a story of hubris and downfall. Many amusing tidbits especially concerning director Michael Winner but the rememberances are equally praise worthy and vitriol filled. A better telling lies elsewhere.