1. marco's rating of the film Elementary Particles

a short history of suicide

2. L. Nolan's rating of the film Elementary Particles

Tries hard, but result is a lazy, dull translation of a brilliant book into filmic mediocrity.

3. janh24's rating of the film Elementary Particles

4. Eliza Metere's rating of the film Elementary Particles

One of the best films I've seen in a long time

5. ajdehany's rating of the film Elementary Particles

Diluting Houellebecq's overwhelming cynicism and cultural pessimism, it's oddly touching, but lacks the novel's devastating impact.

6. stair_well's rating of the film Elementary Particles

Transgressive boy and his oblivion. Closing caption points out how awful sexual aggression is. A benchmark in nihilism despite the pretty pictures.

7. raggiodisole's rating of the film Elementary Particles

the Male ego, crushed, coddled, brutal, nihilistic, selfish, needful. and sometimes sated

8. DrFirestone's rating of the film Elementary Particles

I totally got surprised by this film, in a positive way! I haven't read the book, so I can only rate this film on it's own. I enjoyed acting and the story. I would sum it up as a dark comedy, about life, relationships, finding your own way in life... It asks questions which I sometimes ask myself, so I very much enjoyed it.

9. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Elementary Particles

Stands pale in comparison to it's literary source. The book is highly recommended!!!

10. V Daniel López's rating of the film Elementary Particles

Muy buena historia. El final me gustó mucho, ¡excelentes escenas! Aunque hizo falta un poco más de historia del lado del hermano físico.

11. Superfrog's rating of the film Elementary Particles

I have read the book and I detested this translation into film.

12. rociof's rating of the film Elementary Particles

La desgracia del hombre. Nada nuevo, no necesitamos más historias de hombres que necesitan de todo menos a su esposa.

13. Betsy's rating of the film Elementary Particles

Oh god I regret wasting time watching this. this is a bad film. The storyline is not only implausible, it moves turgidly and the acting is wooden. Gratuitously anti-feminist as well...It was getting worse so I switched it off after 50 minutes.

14. Sarah Lloyd's rating of the film Elementary Particles

"Like Vonnegut on a bad trip"? 5 of those words are superfluous, Mubi, the only one you need is "bad".

15. Peter's rating of the film Elementary Particles

A knowing film examining the messiness of being human, the German psyche and the pursuit of happiness. I hope it was ironic,

16. csilvestre's rating of the film Elementary Particles

I guess it's a satire on male guilt and regret. Not funny enough for good laughs but it is touching so I liked it.

17. Scott Pack's rating of the film Elementary Particles

I have to be honest and disagree with many of the reviews here. I found the book to be awfully pretentious and very cold, not great at all. The film, on the other hand, managed to find some sort of emotional heart in the material and was a rare case of the movie adaptation being better than the book.

18. anwoody's rating of the film Elementary Particles

Pointless and horribly sentimental. Awful direction and cinematography. Barely hangs together at all.

19. Rocío En Ameca's rating of the film Elementary Particles

Da gusto verla aunque sea por ir recordando el libro. Por supuesto que el libro tiene mucho más contenido que la película que sólo son recortes aleatorios, sin embargo el arte de la película vale la pena y creo que las actuaciones sí captaron el espíritu de la escritura original.

20. Paddy Misfit's rating of the film Elementary Particles

21. mercurial's rating of the film Elementary Particles

One of my favorite books. I'm weary of seeing the film though!

22. Kairo's rating of the film Elementary Particles

A sad pale remnant of an echo, of a suggestion, of the original brilliant material.

23. Hugo Resendiz Saldivar's rating of the film Elementary Particles

Me sorprendió que fueran basadas en personajes reales, la película tiene un mood dramático bastante bueno. Pero es algo lenta y creo que no se acaban de desarrollar bien los personajes alrededor de los hermanos protagonistas.

24. maddening cloud's rating of the film Elementary Particles