1. Masoud Einabadi's rating of the film Elephant

2. alfredodimalo's rating of the film Elephant

3. lidiishere's rating of the film Elephant

"Eeney... Meeney... Meiny... Moe... Catch a... Tiger... By its... Toe..." it's unsettling and painful to watch, esp to know how gun restrictions in the States never get better even until now. btw, I always find Beethoven's Fur Elise creepy sih emang.

4. lemonish5's rating of the film Elephant

Long takes moving through endless hallways with an at-times-aggressively-shallow depth of field make for a beautiful but overwhelmingly anxious film. And it leads us... nowhere. The violence is flat, the perpetrators displaying the kind of detached interest one might have in a video game. The banalization of the school shooting in Elephant preceded reality—fifteen years later, such events have no power to surprise.

5. Sơn Phước's rating of the film Elephant

Well-made. One of the best movie about teenagers and school.

6. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Elephant

Does it matter if it's good, really? It's the kind of annoying "we cast amateurs and use shallow depth of field for realism" type of cinema. It's well done, I guess, but it pushes all the wrong buttons for me.

7. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Elephant

Obligatory watch before one takes a stand about weapon restrictions in the U.S. and sadly school shootings is not a single event either making this film even more important than ever. As a film it could have been even deeper and more shocking but what it gets across is that noone is safe anymore.

8. Aprilia Gunawan's rating of the film Elephant

This movie's like 15 years old now and things have gotten even worse since then. WTH, America??

9. MONSIEURDE's rating of the film Elephant

10. Eva Cosac's rating of the film Elephant

too much cruelty for my taste. very unsettling. I don't even know what to rate it.

11. Diogo Pires's rating of the film Elephant

Great approach to such a sensible topic. it would be easy to make a scandalous over-the-top film about the incident but Van Sant knew how to catch us with small and delicate moves, to put calmness into the caos, music in between the noise. the non-narrative scenes are really a delight to watch and follow. // I got down on my knees with the visual reference to GERRY (the previous one in his "Death Trilogy").

12. pandakuma's rating of the film Elephant

The beautiful long-shots gave me so many emotions.

13. smeef's rating of the film Elephant

14. _shalashaska_'s rating of the film Elephant

15. SeemsLikeFun's rating of the film Elephant

16. freskonthesfenks's rating of the film Elephant

I think the best thing about this movie is, it doesn’t emphatize with shooters unlike the other school shooting movies. Gus van Sant did a great job with the camera. I mostly liked the post-modernist side of the movie: it does not have a main character, all characters have equal amount of time in screen and most of the scenes are specificly about those characters. I couldn’t understand the calmness of victims.

17. Adam GR's rating of the film Elephant

The scariest movie I've ever seen. How I learned what a Palme d'Or is.

18. Sara Sousa's rating of the film Elephant

I was surprised by how depthless this is. There isn't one character that is developed; someone to care about. No attemp at an exploration. Some formal elements are quite good: what Van Sant does with time and characters' perspectives, for instance. But this is such an empty, antiseptic film; there's little substance, emotion, empathy or even much of a conflict - at least, on the level that such a subject warranted.

19. Corriel's rating of the film Elephant

I dislikes this film for all its lack of subtlety. I much preferred Zero Day on the same topic. (1.8)

20. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Elephant

21. spasmolytic's rating of the film Elephant

Nice yellow hair to match your yellow shirt.

22. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Elephant

Loosely based on the columbine shootings, a film depicting different perspectives of victims and the shooters before the incident in a very cold and nauseating fashion.

23. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film Elephant