1. SeemsLikeFun's rating of the film Elephant

2. freskonthesfenks's rating of the film Elephant

I think the best thing about this movie is, it doesn’t emphatize with shooters unlike the other school shooting movies. Gus van Sant did a great job with the camera. I mostly liked the post-modernist side of the movie: it does not have a main character, all characters have equal amount of time in screen and most of the scenes are specificly about those characters. I couldn’t understand the calmness of victims.

3. Adam GR's rating of the film Elephant

The scariest movie I've ever seen. How I learned what a Palme d'Or is.

4. Sara Sousa's rating of the film Elephant

I was surprised by how depthless this is. There isn't one character that is developed; someone to care about. No attemp at an exploration. Some formal elements are quite good: what Van Sant does with time and characters' perspectives, for instance. But this is such an empty, antiseptic film; there's little substance, emotion, empathy or even much of a conflict - at least, on the level that such a subject warranted.

5. Corriel's rating of the film Elephant

I dislikes this film for all its lack of subtlety. I much preferred Zero Day on the same topic. (1.8)

6. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Elephant

7. spasmolytic's rating of the film Elephant

Nice yellow hair to match your yellow shirt.

8. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film Elephant

9. giovanni's rating of the film Elephant

10. sahandmohajer's rating of the film Elephant

excellent! i had the privilege of watching Elephant without reading anything about it or knowing what it's about. what a ride!

11. Deiner's rating of the film Elephant

I understand that people are affected by this film because of the (sadly) many similar events before and after this, but I honestly don't get its appeal. The walking shots get tiresome after a while and if you really pay attention, those scenes are a high porcentage of the overall film. I know the director wanted a simplistic film but the bland characters and the lackluster acting seriously don't help it either.

12. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Elephant

13. bogdann's rating of the film Elephant

14. stopyunn's rating of the film Elephant

15. Freakyfilm's rating of the film Elephant

16. Gioele's rating of the film Elephant

17. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Elephant

'Elephant' is perhaps more relevant now than ever before after the amount of senseless violence this country has seen in the last decade. I'm haunted by the fragility of this film, the halls of the high school observed from every angle on repeat, the final moments before a massacre stretched to last an hour. The tension is unbearable, we see what's coming with no way to warn any of the students roaming around.

18. Bruna de Moura's rating of the film Elephant

Cringe and fake but I liked the photogrPhy and the camera work

19. nvmore's rating of the film Elephant

20. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Elephant

The non-linear structure combined with the well executed long takes make this a formally interesting film. The topic however, is a sensitive one and I do not feel that van Sant gave it the depth it deserved. His cookie cutter answers to the all-important questions that high school shootings raise, keep this film from being great.

21. Skinnedteen's rating of the film Elephant

A meditative study of Columbine High School massacre.

22. miles's rating of the film Elephant

on the move all throughout.

23. Rui Salgado's rating of the film Elephant