1. Ylly's rating of the film Elf

2. James Mackin's rating of the film Elf

This is a really overwatched movie. I'd like it more if I didn't see it every goddamn year.

3. msmichel's rating of the film Elf

Some have added this to the annual Christmas watch list but I still find it pretty much a one joke film that may make ok background noise for the kids but really has no substance to watch time and again. Mind you my favourite Christmas movie is 'The Ref' so what do I know.

4. Andre Flickatina's rating of the film Elf

pretty tolerable. cant believe im saying this, must be the christmas spirit

5. f-nanda's rating of the film Elf

Will Ferrell best role. A nice holiday movie.

6. Rachel Tyler's rating of the film Elf

Great family movie that is surprisingly original and heartwarming.

7. Pablo Ramos's rating of the film Elf

Cheerful, sometimes uncomfortably so, but also full of very sincere Christmas spirit. I'm glad I finally decided to watch it.

8. Seth Farmer's rating of the film Elf

John Favreau is better at shit like this.

9. Teresa Silva's rating of the film Elf

Liked how underplayed this was. Solid Christmas watching.

10. Lidia Lemon's rating of the film Elf

11. J. O.'s rating of the film Elf

A modern-day Christmas classic from its first screening. Jon Favreau created something equally suitable for children and adults alike - with a merry story and subtly mature humour. Will Ferrell, in his most charming performance, plays Buddy the Elf - who essentially represents anybody who chooses to all logic and allow themselves to believe in wintertime splendour.

12. Laura ˚͜˚ Sanderson's rating of the film Elf

One of the only few films out there, where Will Ferrell manages not to annoy the crap out of me. He should stay being Buddy The Elf.

13. Rubia Carolina's rating of the film Elf

It took me years to watch it because I didn´t expect anything but a stupid and obvious Xmas comedy but, caught by Christmas´spirit, I decided to see it. With a funny and original script and the help of a pretty good cast, it´s one of those movies that please both adults and kids. Maybe the best Christmas movie.

14. Steve Pulaski's rating of the film Elf

Watched it for the first time this Christmas. Cute film, probably Ferrell's funniest too.

15. Robby Justiss's rating of the film Elf

The most cheerful Christmas movie of all time.

16. Chelsea's rating of the film Elf

Almost clicked "I Want To Watch This" because I want to watch it now and when it's finished and after that and forever.

17. fortytwoshadesofblue's rating of the film Elf

I was really trying to laugh. It didn't happen.

18. PolarisDiB's rating of the film Elf

Jon Favreau = what's good about Hollywood entertainment. This movie manages to not overstay its welcome with a pretty brisk pace, its story is simple but the characters are enjoyable enough to carry it, and it keeps its protracted burp sequences to a surprising minimum. --DiB

19. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Elf

The story is delightfully simple and charming but Ferrell's performance and the gags make this a sure-fire classic for me.

20. Movie Blabber's rating of the film Elf

This is one of those Christmas movies where the more I think about it, the more I like it. It's a bit meta (thankfully not too indulgent in that area), but it also manages to have a whimsical charm of its own.

21. Emlyn's rating of the film Elf

I basically have to watch this every Christmas now, I love it! Also one of the only times I don't mind Zoey Deschanel.

22. Jardun's rating of the film Elf

"Bye Buddy, hope you find your dad!"

23. mjgildea's rating of the film Elf

Now that I'm over the slight disappointment in myself for not seeing Elf sooner, I can say this was a fun watch with plenty of great cameos. I doubt the warm and fuzzy feeling Elf left me with would last if I watched it outside of the Christmas season but it was fun. And whoever told Zooey Deschanel she could sing owes the rest of us a great big apology...

24. Scout Tafoya's rating of the film Elf