1. Nick Potter's rating of the film Elite Squad: The Enemy Within

Oops, probably should've known there was an earlier film, huh? Good thing this absolutely works on it's own.

2. Nachtreich's rating of the film Elite Squad: The Enemy Within

Ma andate a cacare brasiliani di merda.

3. -REM-'s rating of the film Elite Squad: The Enemy Within

4. hellobonjour's rating of the film Elite Squad: The Enemy Within

3.5 did not enjoy the cinematography as much but the story was interesting... idk why ppl say the sequel is better

5. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Elite Squad: The Enemy Within

an incredibly sophisticated crime narrative that works as a fine companion to City of God. the fact that it's mostly shot like a Donnie Yen movie works against it less dramatically than you might believe

6. Aivaras_Z's rating of the film Elite Squad: The Enemy Within

Don't really see how this improves over the original. It's certainly has more Hollywood tropes in the plot and sometimes gets too bombastic for its own good. Still, has some very interesting themes and keeps the viewer engaged, which is more than most Hollywood action movies could expect to achieve.

7. Babak Geranfar's rating of the film Elite Squad: The Enemy Within

The joy continues and the skulls are back for another turn! The sequel has more drama woven with confusion and boldness which brings the sufficient amount of brutality to screen and good dose of adrenaline to our blood! José Padilha is a Micheal Mann/ Paul Greengrass at top of their game with a strange vibe of blunt intellectualism that sets the showroom on fire.

8. samba direito's rating of the film Elite Squad: The Enemy Within

9. Konrad Szlendak's rating of the film Elite Squad: The Enemy Within

I actually think it's worse than the original ES, but it's still pretty damn good genre movie.

10. Scienceofphantoms's rating of the film Elite Squad: The Enemy Within

extraordinarily self-assured pop filmmaking. Mantovani's taste for the didactic is shared by more people than you'd think. I ultimately protest that. At the same time, these urgent sort of fantastic cries against the system are only problematic insomuch as they provoke one to ask. I hope. Not that all aspiring Managerial Class people should become legislators. See, it's making me think. and it has momentum.

11. caitlin.f's rating of the film Elite Squad: The Enemy Within

really violent but good story.

12. naokoken's rating of the film Elite Squad: The Enemy Within

"If you don't want to die you shouldn't have been born." The violence of the opening 15 minutes made The City of God look like an episode of the Teletubbies. I really enjoyed the voice of Nascimento narrating in parts. "To people like me, war is medicine. War keeps the mind busy." Did not care for the ending narration but a movie needs an ending.

13. Ryan's rating of the film Elite Squad: The Enemy Within

An exciting action/gangster thriller that isn't afraid to confront the complicated and corrupt politics of its home country. It captivates from the start, and the pace never takes away from the character development needed for its themes on social change. To me, it felt sincerely Brazilian. Even with the "work of fiction" disclosure there's a lot of truth to be found.

14. corycorycorycory's rating of the film Elite Squad: The Enemy Within

This'll be the best action I will see all year, no doubt. So incredibly raw.

15. muse_x's rating of the film Elite Squad: The Enemy Within

Have yet to see the first one. This one was ok. Riddled w/ as many bullet holes as clichés.

16. jenesuispasanglais@gmail.com's rating of the film Elite Squad: The Enemy Within

I saw this film elsewhere a few years ago but cannot forget it. It could define the genre "drama." When you think the story might be conventional, it twists. When you think it will end, something else happens. When you think you understand the scale of value implied by the story, it tips a different way. Top production, excellent cinematography, very well produced.

17. cosmin's rating of the film Elite Squad: The Enemy Within

A little too violent for my taste but fast paced and probably reflective of reality.

18. barleeku@comcast.net's rating of the film Elite Squad: The Enemy Within

Excellent, high-energy cops and gangster film directed and acted crisply and convincingly. As a film it's a solid 4-stars, and the violence crackles but without gore for its own sake. I gave an extra star for the explicit political bite that US, British, and French films in the genre lack. The counterpoint of Fraga and Nascimento is convincing and establishes a common ground of resistance to corruption.

19. MJR's rating of the film Elite Squad: The Enemy Within

Recognizable plot and easy to just go along with the story. Even though its macho and superunrealistic, I liked it anyway. Movies about corruption are interesting

20. Stephen's rating of the film Elite Squad: The Enemy Within

Ten good minutes to start, followed by an hour and a half of exposition and explosions, then another good twenty minutes.

21. Mike McCollum's rating of the film Elite Squad: The Enemy Within

Awesome acting by the entire cast. Great direction, writing and a great production as a whole.

22. el.'s rating of the film Elite Squad: The Enemy Within

23. bladegun's rating of the film Elite Squad: The Enemy Within

I heard this movie was better then the first, and they were right. It's smarter then the first, better shot, better acted, better written, better directed. And as a big plus, it doesn't feel like an advert for fascism like the first one did. While you still sadly have to watch the first movie to better enjoy this one, it's worth it. 8.5/10

24. John Crawford's rating of the film Elite Squad: The Enemy Within