1. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Elizabeth: The Golden Age

After the luxurious 'Elizabeth' from 1998, Shekhar Kapur failed to live up to the title 'Golden Age' - or at least in the first hour and a half - since it takes too long to really appreciate the exuberance in cinematography of Elizabeth's reign.

2. spiderliliez's rating of the film Elizabeth: The Golden Age

What a scary age it must have been for a woman to rule her country. Cate Blanchett who reprised her role as Queen Elizabeth from the 1998 version, “The Golden Age” is loosely based on Elizabeth's life during Spain's occupation to England. There's a lot of theatrics when the shots are on the queen, but the war scenes are disappointing. Nevertheless, I have to give it to Cate Blanchett for at least saving this film.

3. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film Elizabeth: The Golden Age

I owe everything to Cate Blanchett's performance in this film. It literally changed my life.

4. Rattzz Matanzano's rating of the film Elizabeth: The Golden Age

A beautiful movie, but very depressing, kind've a downward spiral.

5. ddcraver's rating of the film Elizabeth: The Golden Age

6. Caitlin's rating of the film Elizabeth: The Golden Age

Beautiful period piece that shows the power and vulnerability of Elizabeth I.

7. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film Elizabeth: The Golden Age

definitely too much love & sex than history in the first half. the battle at the sea was great.

8. Violeta Ayala's rating of the film Elizabeth: The Golden Age

Not a great script however Cate does it for me and everyone else I believe.

9. Caden Cotard's rating of the film Elizabeth: The Golden Age

Much, much better than the original. The Golden Age is much more clear about what it wants, and therefore elicits better performances from its typically stacked cast. Blanchett and Morton, especially, as cousin-enemies, are Oscar material. Unfortunately, this one was under-appreciated and only Blanchett got the nomination.

10. Elvia Francis's rating of the film Elizabeth: The Golden Age

Not as great as the first film; very dull and pointless when compared to Shekhar Kapur's first film, Elizabeth. Also, the war scene was so short and not even close to historically accurate! I love Queen Elizabeth and the acting was marvelous, however the script was horrible!