1. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Elsa la rose

Je suis plein du silence assourdissant d'aimer.

2. Leco's rating of the film Elsa la rose

This is beautiful. Agnès Varda has yet to disappoint me! Simple, but nicely conducted. I don't consider myself as much of a romantic nowadays, but a relationship like that one between Aragon and Elsa kind of stirs that fountain. So well done that it even introduces an Ella Fitzgerald tune from Live in Berlin ("The Man I Love") precisely when that city comes up! 20min and I'm curious about them both! This is cinema!

3. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Elsa la rose

4. Karen Callora's rating of the film Elsa la rose

"Tous ces poèmes sont pour vous. Est-ce qu'ils vous font sentir aimé?" "Oh, non! Ils ne sont pas ce qui me fait me sentir aimé. Pas la poésie. C'est le reste. C'est la vie."

5. Mírcio Alves Amaral's rating of the film Elsa la rose

6. Chichago_'s rating of the film Elsa la rose

"All these poems are for you. Do they make you feel loved?" "Oh, no! They aren’t what makes me feel loved. Not the poetry. It’s the rest. Life."

7. Ícaro Drasan's rating of the film Elsa la rose

8. Ted Thompson's rating of the film Elsa la rose

The film is an homage to Elsa as a muse, poet, and partner/wife. The historical events and artistic personages which mirrored her life are flashed on the screen as a collage standing in contrast to the much slower passages of the central narrative, a biography depicting the relationship of Arnon and Elsa. The editing is the cinema, done well. However, English subtitles cannot be read as rapidly as the spoken word.

9. EdieEmm's rating of the film Elsa la rose

Wonderfully edited little poem of a film.

10. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Elsa la rose

I sometimes wish Varda sticked to making shorts. I seem to like them better than her features. This one is a well shot and edited ode to love. I wish that when I'm that old I have someone to say such nice things of me and I of her.

11. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Elsa la rose

Nice ode to poetry, love, memory, history...similar effect to Ulyses, but narrated by Aragon. Really nice.

12. Jon Hauge-Iversen's rating of the film Elsa la rose

A very beautiful declaration of love. It is however a problem for people with limited knowledge of french to follow the poetry.

13. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Elsa la rose

no, no, ce n'est pas la poésie. c'est la vie.

14. mgaspa's rating of the film Elsa la rose

Beau portrait de ce couple que j'adore

15. Algitya's rating of the film Elsa la rose

How sweet it is~ .. :)

16. msmichel's rating of the film Elsa la rose

"With your touch I became myself..." Who wouldn't want to hear such words from their lover/spouse. A wonderful short doc from Agnes Varda exceptionally shot by the great William Lubtchansky (and Willy Kurant). A beautiful romance between an icon/muse and her husband.

17. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film Elsa la rose