1. crnstsc's rating of the film Emanuel and the Truth About Fishes

2. spiderliliez's rating of the film Emanuel and the Truth About Fishes

I was somehow mislead when I learned about this film. It wasn't exactly what I thought it would turn out to be like. Kaya Scodelario as Emamuel is as enigmatic as she is beautiful.. great acting. It's a story that would leave you wondering, with the right kind of twist. It doesn't leave you in the dark.. but doesn't exactly put you in a happy place either.

3. Chevalier de Pas's rating of the film Emanuel and the Truth About Fishes

Symbolic and deep about people dealing with loss. Was very impressed with both main actresses - Who knew Jessica Biel had acting skills in her? - and the story is interesting. However, it's a bit rough on the edges and not the film for the fast paced lovers.

4. Lucky Luciano's rating of the film Emanuel and the Truth About Fishes

Would have given it more but the idea behind the film is lazily executed. Kaya(the reason the film caught my attention) is less interesting than in Wuthering Heights and is just replicating blank-stared Effy from Skins.

5. Jessica's rating of the film Emanuel and the Truth About Fishes

This movie is not called The truth about Emanuel? That's what it says on time warner so I'm confused.

6. robin's rating of the film Emanuel and the Truth About Fishes

At it's core, the film explores the absence of a mother figure, with three different women bordering on mad by idealization and longing to have/be that figure. A psychological drama on the verge of a thriller, at it's best. Ultimately, it is/becomes a film about salvation and overcoming one's traumas, this being the weakest aspect of film in execution, undermining the mystery by solving it.

7. House 0f Leaves's rating of the film Emanuel and the Truth About Fishes

The mother who cannot have a child. The child who doesn't have a mother. A poetic union.

8. JapeMan's rating of the film Emanuel and the Truth About Fishes

An amazing movie. Could be my favorite movie of 2013!