1. Django's rating of the film Emperor of the North Pole

An oddball of a movie that is most enjoyable when viewed as some kind of existential, individualistic allegory....I think. What's certain is Borgnine knew how to play mean better than imaginable (remember Fatso in From Here to Eternity?) and Marvin was the toughest tough guy in movie history and their fight scene is worth the price of admission all by itself. Not Aldrich's best but certainly worth watching.

2. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Emperor of the North Pole

This is about how far people are determined to go, in order to demonstrate to other people, how great they are. The second thing is, who drives whom? The 'crowd' which makes, owns & imprisons the 'hero' or the 'hero' who is in control of the 'crowd'? Wonderful acting performances of Lee Marvin & Ernest Borgnine. Great violent action movie.

3. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Emperor of the North Pole

Very good film of the last part of Robert Aldrich's career. Highly recommended.

4. pjjrfan's rating of the film Emperor of the North Pole

Marvin and Borgnine are dynamic. I recently saw Borgnine in an interview on the TCM and the guy comes across as a lovable goody goody but hell he sure plays some hard asses very convincingly.

5. PETE GCDB's rating of the film Emperor of the North Pole

One of my top favorite Lee Marvin films!

6. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Emperor of the North Pole

Best Hobo film I've seen since Beggars of Life (1928).

7. NC Jones's rating of the film Emperor of the North Pole

Lee Marvin bitchslapping children with a live chicken is not to be missed. Also, never pass up a chance at seeing Ernest Borgnine in top form.

8. Christopher Taylor's rating of the film Emperor of the North Pole

This movie is one my grandfather showed me because he loved the trains. I fell in love with the characters, their antagonism towards each other, and the build up to one of the most gritty confrontations I've ever seen.

9. Droog811's rating of the film Emperor of the North Pole

The music and some of the dialogue is a bit dated, but nothing beats Lee Marvin and Ernest Borgnine beating the crap out of each other at the finale.

10. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film Emperor of the North Pole

Unusual and original comic adventure from director Robert Aldrich, with Lee Marvin and Ernest Borgnine both at the top of their game. It drags in spots, and the plot meanders towards the end, but there are plenty of genuinely suspenseful sequences and exciting action scenes. For a film set in the 30s, Frank DeVol's score sounds way too 70s.