1. Nachtreich's rating of the film Equus

☆ e mezzo. Richard Burton da solo potrebbe essere un ☆☆☆.

2. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Equus

Another masterfully-acted work from Lumet.... Burton & Firth both seriously gave out some tremendous performances as Morris shooting in some gripping moments that made me wanna say "Jesus Christ!" and this was it.

3. Mia Calavera's rating of the film Equus

Amazingly subtle, however clear dilemma is depicted in the relationship between the psychiatrist and the boy, and that is- what is normal and why is something considered to be normal? Combined with almost surreal scenes and pagan motives, this is one of the most disturbing, yet intriguing movies I've ever seen. P.S. Made me watch Wicker man (1973) again.

4. Dalibor's rating of the film Equus

Bizarrely erotic drama with a bizarrely adequate casting. It kicked off in an abstract manner than was eventually replaced by an obvious confrontation of (homo)sexuality with paganism/religion. Skillfully handled, material leaves us with what a good film must leave - questions. Director's take on the play results in attractive photography and a couple of memorable representations of delirium and/or elation.

5. Illusion Travels By Streetcar's rating of the film Equus

"What better place to explore gay subtext than an all-male prison?" http://illusionpodcast.blogspot.com/2015/05/episode-59-dark-side-of-sidney-lumet.html

6. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Equus

Exhilarating. Terrifying. Sensuous. Lumet was a master director. Peter Firth's performance haunts me.

7. Mx Nihil's rating of the film Equus

"All right! The normal is the good smile in a child's eyes. There's also the dead stare in a million adults. It both sustains and kills, like a god. It is the ordinary made beautiful, it is also the average made lethal. Normal is the indispensable murderous god of health and I am his priest." "When Equus leaves, if he leaves at all, it will be with your intestines in his teeth - and I don't stock replacements."

8. nein's rating of the film Equus

9. Pymo's rating of the film Equus

10. lundybeth's rating of the film Equus

"It was sexy. That's what you wanted to know, isn't it?"

11. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Equus

I dare not imagine what Richard Burton would have said if Allan had also bitten the horses' tail. Shocking, isn't it ? Recommended though.

12. Jessica McFarland's rating of the film Equus

Some scenes of this film really pop, and the actors try valiantly to keep it afloat, but it is WAY to cerebral and talky for a film. The general point of this was quite clear in the first fifteen minutes, but the film runs on for nearly 2 1/2 hours. The eight monologues delivered directly to the audience are nearly incoherent. Overall, this was kind of a hot mess.

13. Burcu's rating of the film Equus

" Passion, you see, can be destroyed by a doctor. It cannot be created. "

14. Stephen Campbell's rating of the film Equus

With the right director Burton could be a genius and here he is simply outstanding thanks to Lumet being one of the best director of actors.

15. Cosi's rating of the film Equus

16. micah van hove's rating of the film Equus

17. Trickstian Shantih's rating of the film Equus

'Gods don't die'. 'Yes, they do'. While Alan is cured, the psychoanalyst needs desperate to believe, and immerses himself in madness. Or God. Otherwise, "Gott ist tot". This is a movie about desperation. Otherwise, I'm glad that Alan is cured. (And Richard Burton is great).

18. Viktor Pedersen's rating of the film Equus

Extremely glad they changed the still

19. MODERNGRUMBLE's rating of the film Equus

every aspect of this film is handled with class and intelligence save the actual revelatory sessions between Burton and Firth - still well worth the watch.