1. BenNash's rating of the film E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial

Spielberg has always been a fine filmmaker, sadly he's never been an exceptional one.

2. Mahda Purmahdi's rating of the film E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial

I understand that how you react to this film is very much dependent on how old you were when you first watched it. When I first saw it, I was the same age as Elliott, and no matter how much I would've disregarded it if I encountered it now for the first time, and no matter how much I agree with Robin Wood's critique of the film and the E.T. phenomenon, I still like it and I still cry with E.T.'s death/departure.

3. Duncan Gray's rating of the film E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial

Of the films that have ever been the all-time box office champ, ET is my favorite because it's the most lyrical. As much as Spielberg's sentimentality was criticized, think of how pleased we'd be today to see a smash that had no stars, a judicious use of FX, an intimate scale, and no pre-existing media franchise. Spielberg can be problematic, but his domain is children vs. disenchantment, and this is its masterpiece.

4. FISCHER's rating of the film E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial

>>> Une oeuvre superbe qui allie le merveilleux avec la candeur, la douceur avec le suspense, dans une sympathique parabole tendre et rigoureuse sur le droit à la différence et la nécessaire compréhension entre les hommes, au-delà des clivages, des couleurs, des origines qui peuvent se côtoyer harmonieusement... www.cinefiches.com

5. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial

Spielberg brings together elements from both religious myth and childhood experiences of loss and loneliness, then weaves them into a modern fairy tale of alien visitation. It's a potent combination: the entire piece feels like a profound exercise in emotional catharsis, made all the more powerful by his extraordinary ability to integrate humour and adventure. An extraordinary achievement.

6. Ana Patrícia's rating of the film E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial

7. BernardoDiniz's rating of the film E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial

8. au's rating of the film E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial

me hizo acordarme de todo lo que me gusta: los dientes grandes, los maceteros, las bicis y los telefonos por dentro

9. Cyril Schreiber's rating of the film E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial

10. Ylly's rating of the film E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial

11. Machupi's rating of the film E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial

I was to sad and afraid at the same time when I watched E.T. for the first time

12. Roy Deckard's rating of the film E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial

This is maybe the most successfully illustrated journey to the childhood universe of dreams, emotions and imagination. Brilliantly shot by the master, with the exceptional cinematography of one of the best and personal favorites, Allen Daviau (Empire of the Sun), and beautifully played by the 3 little kid-actors. And of course Drew Barrymore's face was the epitome of cuteness.

13. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial

14. truffraud's rating of the film E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial

15. Thomas Dods's rating of the film E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial

Part of my childhood (an experience shared with millions of people) and one of those films which doesn't fade away as you grow up. Spielberg tackles his usual family themes and infuses the film with a childlike sense of wonder when it comes to the sci-fi elements. This is one of the few films that brings me to tears every time I watch - the ET hospital scene gets me every time.....

16. zohen lux's rating of the film E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial

17. Elle Johnston's rating of the film E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial

18. Michael Peer's rating of the film E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial

No matter how many times I watch E.T, I get choked up each and every time. E.T is the definition of "movie-magic". Spielberg makes you feel like a kid again: the wonder, the excitement, the isolation, the awe... it blows me away how effortlessly he touches your soul. E.T is a perfect film and makes you happy to be alive. Everyone has to see this once with your whole family together. This is why we go to the movies.

19. Slow Immersion [Joe]'s rating of the film E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial

One of my top five as a kid, and one that used to make me cry so hard.

20. James Mackin's rating of the film E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial

Most of the reason why I like this is because of very young Drew Barrymore. Otherwise, a bit on the overrated side.

21. Shea Hennum's rating of the film E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial

There is a scene where the family dog sleeps in a human bed and on his nightstand is a photo of himself. Why this movie isn't about what that dog does with his time, I will never understand. 1/5 stars.

22. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial

E.T. looks like a shriveled penis monster.

23. kris's rating of the film E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial

classic film, reminds me of my childhood.

24. Donia shohdy's rating of the film E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial

This is childhood, noway you could hate it even if you wanted to

← Previous 1 3 4