1. McOpinionated's rating of the film Europa

2. Adam Laurence Pitt's rating of the film Europa

3. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Europa

Before he disappeared up his own angrily-flared nostrils, Lars von Trier gave audiences some incredible and incredibly interesting movies. This is one of them, a film that offers up much to dissect and digest in every scene.

4. Inteleter's rating of the film Europa

Interesting thriller by Lars von Trier. The cinematography was a highlight. I particularly liked the switching between colour and black and white. Acting was good, particularly from Jean-Marc Barr as the protagonist. Overall a good arthouse thriller.

5. Veronika Wellings's rating of the film Europa

An astonishing surreal film of Europe’ postwar nightmare, gripping and thrilling.

6. Rui Tenreiro's rating of the film Europa

7. Penelope q's rating of the film Europa

The hypnotic beginning of the film, prepares you to travel to this dark Europe. Never get tired to watch this film.

8. Benji's rating of the film Europa

People throw the word 'Kafkaesque' around too much. Mostly by people who haven't read any Kafka.

9. (efe) ni's rating of the film Europa

10. Lex Lucas's rating of the film Europa

Great plastic work, that reminds me of The Almanac of Fall in the particular fashion the film stands out in Trier's filmography. The film possesses a great strength in the inhumanity left by the nazism in this odd Germany right after ww II, being trains of death, behaviors and costums. The defying narrator is a great mark of style of Von Trier.

11. smndvdcl's rating of the film Europa

File under: obnoxious genius. When there is so much obnoxious mediocrity in media and film, there is still room for the iconoclastic likes of LVT. While he would never be more than an acquaintance if I knew him (unresolved issues remain), goddammit he knows how to make a cinematic masterpiece or seven.

12. Adam GR's rating of the film Europa

A strange tale of an American naïf embarking on a railway odyssey of 1945 Germany and incidentally falling in love with a Nazi. An increasingly Kafkaesque structure plays at the inferiority of all human drama in the shadow of the holocaust. Max von Sydow's comfortingly dooming voice hypnotizes us into von Trier's trademark nihilism. "On the count of 10, you will be dead." He hasn't lied to us yet! ♥Jean-Marc♥

13. ap's rating of the film Europa

14. Naoya Kugimiya's rating of the film Europa

15. Walker's rating of the film Europa

A cinematic extravaganza. A trip, as they say.

16. FISCHER's rating of the film Europa

Fort novatrice, une oeuvre superbe à l'empoisonnante ambiguïté qui confirme pour le moment l'indéniable talent du metteur en scène Lars Von Trier... www.cinefiches.com

17. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Europa

The Europa trilogy: Europa > Epidemic, The Element of Crime

18. ammar's rating of the film Europa

19. EmiEmi's rating of the film Europa

"You will now listen to my voice. My voice will help you and guide you still deeper into Europa. Every time you're hear my voice, with every word and every number, you will enter still deeper here, open, relaxed and receptive… I shall now count from one to ten. On the count of ten, you will be in Europa…" Max Von Sidow most unforgettable opening.

20. Leonardo Malaguti's rating of the film Europa

21. jonijtr's rating of the film Europa

I need a blu-ray version of this

22. grotesc's rating of the film Europa

23. wiwitaek's rating of the film Europa

The best movie from Lars Von Trier, everytime I rewatch, I get more and more excited

24. Muraki's rating of the film Europa

great camerawork & storytelling..what a debut movie by Lars..

← Previous 1 3 4 5