1. soniczny's rating of the film Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

A small jewel. Deliciously queer (in the terms of weirdness, not lbqt).

2. chazell's rating of the film Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

3. Ren Cook's rating of the film Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

4. anarresti's rating of the film Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

The most uninteresting film in Van Sant's filmography. The weirdest, in a way.

5. Siaudebert's rating of the film Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

Not my favourite Van Sant film

6. may's rating of the film Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

Uma in her bird costume is too good to be true. Honestly, I feel like dressing in brown suede pants with fringe lining and white crochet jumpers while sporting a cowboy hat on a horse, gun in hand.

7. ruzica's rating of the film Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

Love Gus Van Sant and most of his films, but this was plain terrible.

8. claudiaaraujo's rating of the film Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

(07/03) For River is written in the initial credits of the film. Although River is only an extra, the actors are mainly friends of his, including his sister and I couldn't stop finding some common points with My Own Private Idaho. I believe if River was alive, he and Van Sant would be a duo as Burton and Deep are.

9. chanandre's rating of the film Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

So weird but in a good way. Uma was mesmerizing back then. Those angel wings and that feminist ranch was awesome. Hurt as a queen is hilarious.

10. film_lies101's rating of the film Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

Although it is considerably more concise than the novel, the film cannot overcome its dated source material. Rain Phoenix performance is laughably bad, the other actors do not fare much better when they spout Robbins' pseudo philosophical hippie nonsense. The last twenty minutes are absolutely interminable, this film could have done well with throwing out everything about the novel and starting from scratch.

11. theladyassassin's rating of the film Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

12. Subterranean Cinema's rating of the film Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

"Who needs a man when you already have a built in penis on each hand" She probably has much more fun with her idiotic looking dick-thumbs than viewers have watching this idiotic excuse for a film. Even Audiences Get the Blues, but fortunately we can walk the hell out if they get too intolerable. 0 stars.

13. Matt Parks's rating of the film Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

About as far from Tom Robbins' novel as Van Sant's Psycho is from Hitchcock's, yet not nearly as bad as it's reported to be.

14. Garçon Manqué's rating of the film Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

I love me some freak-hitchhiker-uma thurman and cute-cowgirl-heather graham.

15. Smooth_J's rating of the film Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

Unfortunately, this movie is painfully bad. There are some entertaining bits, and some cool stylistic flourishes at the hands of Gus Van Sant, but the movie crumbles under its own faint, inconsistent plot-line. The film never finds a rhythm, and carries with it a distracting aura of opportunity squandered.