1. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Evil Dead II

Watched it on an iPad with a broken screen. It was like peering through one of the broken windows of the house they were trapped in. Perfect!

2. Samuel Wells's rating of the film Evil Dead II

This film is an absolute cult classic within the horror genre, blending Raimi's distinct voice humor into a concise piece of film that has inspired later films such as Cabin in the Woods. The film creates fleshed out world and satisfying conclusion thanks to a dedicated effort to give the characters drive and clear goals. This film builds off of Evil Dead one to mature and cement this series as the classics they are.

3. Wyatt69's rating of the film Evil Dead II

Sam Raimi creates a film that is supposed to evoke horror with a twist of humor. As far as horror goes, the film is creepy and disturbing enough. However many aspects are over done in dramatacization that weakens the sense of fear and erodes the quality of our protagonist(s). As I viewer, I found myself giving up on the story-line along with its crucial dialogue and anticipating the next display of visceral imagery.

4. Monkey Flix's rating of the film Evil Dead II

They should have stopped making horror movies after this one. Will never be topped.

5. CHRIS's rating of the film Evil Dead II

A classic. It's really a horrible film, one of the most cheesy things ever; but that's what makes it good. The over done movement and exaggerated yells, very low quality special effects, this is what makes this film a thing of beauty. The main character, portrayed by Bruce Campbell, is the saving grace of this film; he is a breath of comedic seriousness that makes his character enjoyable.

6. Semaj Hatcher's rating of the film Evil Dead II

A comical manifest torn between horror and comedy , i thought this film was a mediocre Halloween film. Although this film made me cringe horribly it had nearly perfect sound effects and vivid imagery. Bruce Campbell, the leading actor does an amazing job playing his role This film, is without a shadow of a doubt, one of finest, most random comedy horror films ever made. This film does have the ability to scare you.

7. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Evil Dead II

How often do you finish a horror movie and you're just happy about life?

8. Peter Walsh's rating of the film Evil Dead II

Feel almost ashamed to realise I'd forgotten exact how great this is. To all intents this could practically be a dialogue free film, for the scarcity of what there is this is a 100% visual feast of comedy, horror, and extremely canny camerawork. A lot to enjoy on a lot of levels.

9. Victor W's rating of the film Evil Dead II

An early take on comedic horror. overall i was impressed with the scare tactics they used being that the CGI and digital effect were considered outdated compared to now. The movie story line and the acting were decent but left me a little boring. Not a terrible film, i recommend if you're looking for an interesting movie that you can shed a couple of laughs at.

10. Isaac Lefebvre's rating of the film Evil Dead II

Evil Dead II, staring Bruce Campbell, starts with a man named Ash going to visit his girlfriend Linda at a mountain cabin. While there Ash performs a ritual that unleashes a spirit that possesses his girlfriend Linda. Ash is trapped in the cabin to fend off the evil spirits lead by Linda's corpse itself. Ash goes though many struggles through the night, including cutting off his hand. Overall the film was good.

11. Bernie's rating of the film Evil Dead II

Sam Raimi's Evil Dead films are true cult classics and I enjoy all of them. Evil Dead II is masterful horror comedy done right with it's startling images coming fast and steady as does the humor, all perfectly hitting the mark. Raimi is an expert at adding camp to many of his films while making them feel natural. Going in knowing you are about to watch an over the top, campy horror film, you won't be disappointed.

12. Octavia's rating of the film Evil Dead II

The film Evil Dead II by Sam Raimi definitely felt more like a comedy than a horror film. However, this isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Although the movie has a campy feel, I was entertained throughout. As a lover of horror I wasn’t scared, but I also blame the era in which the movie was made. Bruce Campbell’s performance was funny in all the right ways. Definitely would recommend to horror and non-horror fans alike.

13. James Faketty's rating of the film Evil Dead II

Evil Dead II is one of the most acclaimed horror movies of all time. It hits the perfect blend of horror and comedy, which you may not think go together well until you see the film. Sam Raimi does a fantastic job of re-telling the story of his original Evil Dead film, while giving it a totally different overall feeling. The acting, directing, and special effects are all superb, and it is a must-see for any horror fan

14. Brian's rating of the film Evil Dead II

This is the second of the Evil Dead trilogy. In my opinion, This one is more entertaining then the first Evil Dead. This film is more fast pace then the first one. Bruce Campbell is perfect for this roll as he battles the dead. This film is more humorous than it is scary, and that's what the director Sam Raimi wanted. He includes many creepy effects throughout the film, and also makes the effects appear humorous.

15. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Evil Dead II

(4.5 stars) I always enjoy revisiting this horror classic. Full of Sam Raimi's unique comic style and visual flare, I never tire of it. The camera itself becomes a character as well, which I've always loved. It reacts to everything around it and seems to become a bit unhinged at times... possessed by the evil dead itself. Really great visual storytelling. "Groovy."

16. ChaseLaur's rating of the film Evil Dead II

A truly fascinating mix of horror and comedy. With elements of suspense throughout, you never know what to expect next. I would recommend to anyone looking for a not so spooky horror film that also gives you a few laughs.

17. ejonline's rating of the film Evil Dead II

When I joined MUBI I made the decision that I wouldn't rate movies that I didn't actually watch as part of the service. I will make an exception for this movie because as much as I have enjoyed it in the past, I'm not sure when I'm going to watch it again. I feel like instead of it being a movie it is now just a part of the environment. I get the sense that somehow I'm still watching it even when I'm not.

18. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Evil Dead II

Another one of the classic horror films from the 1980s. For me it's the funniest part of the trilogy. After three decades, camera and sound design are still exceptional and sometimes very scary, and there are many very good and original ideas (e.g. the short mirror scene and following the sequence with the hand).

19. David R Williams's rating of the film Evil Dead II

I'd argue that not as much a sequel to the original but a remake with a somewhat bigger budget. There's more gore and comedy but whether or not its better as some claim, is a matter of personal opinion. Personal, watch 'em both one after the other for the full Evil Dead experience.

20. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Evil Dead II

This is both a not-quite-five-star film, and one of my favourite horror's of all time, so I'm a little torn. Bruce Campbell is a character-gift from the Gods, like Super Mario or Eugene Onegin. Except he has a m'ahfuckin' chainsaw (Fred Durst: 'WHATT?') attached to his arm.

21. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Evil Dead II

More a remake than a direct sequel in its tonal change and plot. Raimi goes for laughs instead of the horror of the first, and it works better than that film, simply because it was always pretty silly to begin with. II's only problem? While effective, it has a one-track mind to become a cult film, which can feel overbearing at times, but not to the point of the placating tactics of Campbell's later Bubba Ho-Tep.

22. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Evil Dead II

Evil Dead 2 was better than the original, because it was essentially a remake that focused on what was working, namely Bruce, and the horror humor.

23. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Evil Dead II

A wonderfully deranged, scary, funny, gory masterpiece.

24. Luca Casilli's rating of the film Evil Dead II