1. Fernando Chaves's rating of the film Evita

One of the best musicals Alan Parker has made (With The Wall) it's also one of the most extraordinary movie spectacles of the 90's. You may like the original play, Madonna's acting or Parker's style, or not, but it's importance would be regarded even higher some day. I can't even imagine how bizarre the Ken Russell's adaptation with Liza Minelli could it have been - but i sure would loved to see that!

2. pluviosity's rating of the film Evita

I don't want to say that Madonna was bad in this, but somehow it felt like the movie made just for her sake, not Evita's.

3. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Evita

Stolid and rather immobile. It's sheer scale has a certain confidence that carries matter so far, but the generally unappealing situations and characters remind one of starring at wax dummies in a glass case without any emotional engagement as a result.

4. Azul B.'s rating of the film Evita

5. mimivulturul's rating of the film Evita

6. Aaken's rating of the film Evita

Madonna is impressive in the title role, but the film feels like a heavy pastry. And the repetitive score is everything but subtle. However, it is quite watchable and, at time, very touching.

7. JZENIA's rating of the film Evita

Madonna is just so busy pretending to be pretty. Really disturbing for me to concentrate.

8. Roscoe's rating of the film Evita

Alan Parker's bag of filmmaking tricks runs out quickly, Madonna isn't up to the challenge, and Jonathan Pryce seems terribly embarrassed by the whole enterprise. Only Antonio Banderas emerges unscathed.

9. HobartLazaro's rating of the film Evita

10. Arcanus's rating of the film Evita

It might be OK without Madonna.

11. Dzimas's rating of the film Evita

Did we really need this movie?

12. Elettric_Blue's rating of the film Evita

The first movie I saw in my life at the cinema

13. Adham T. Fusama's rating of the film Evita

Madonna in this movie? Love it or hate it.