1. Jordan Kaltz's rating of the film Evolution

2. Mellow Dude's rating of the film Evolution

yeah im cool with lovecraft so this film is fine

3. IKB 191's rating of the film Evolution

I can somehow related more to Evolution than her previous movie, Innocence. The terror, mystery and horror of the body during that age resonate with me. Sometimes I feel like I am still stuck in that little boat, in the middle of the sea.

4. The Macho King's rating of the film Evolution

Eerie and foreboding atmosphere looms large over everyone here, which is largely the only thing i genuinely liked about this film is the cinematography and it's setting. It's Lovecraftian ways doesn't save it from being a shallow and meandering film. Look elsewhere for -quality- Lovecraftian & Body horror films, cause there's plenty of both- and this isn't one of them.

5. Dan's rating of the film Evolution

Damn, Lucile! A genuinely strange and wonderful film in its abstraction. Its symbols, images and sounds all feel as if they've come from some deep and shared subconscious. It demands multiple viewings.

6. Guillermo Padilla's rating of the film Evolution

7. kartina obskura's rating of the film Evolution

8. Ash's rating of the film Evolution

an extremely unsettling film.

9. mariatavares's rating of the film Evolution

10. Diego Ravazzolo's rating of the film Evolution

11. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Evolution

I saw it as a parable of young men's sexuality. Wet dreams, body confusion. It's told in an elegant, mostly non-verbal way.

12. adam's rating of the film Evolution

13. redux's rating of the film Evolution

I hear Lucile's next will have both boys and girls, playing doctor and patient at a nudist ski resort for zombies.

14. Jason's rating of the film Evolution

This is a self-evident variation on her earlier film INNOCENCE, which I hold to be a masterpiece. If you have seen both, you'll see the correlation. This one isn't quite as good. But having once been a boy in a malevolent and confusing terrestrial realm, I can identify w/ the notion that mothers (and their doubles) are disturbing emissaries from a greater social body into which the boy has been plopped unwittingly.

15. Matthew Martens's rating of the film Evolution

Out of the waterworld, into the fire. 3.3.

16. Mic-kosh-ka's rating of the film Evolution

17. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Evolution

A more sinister (and French) version of the Disney Channel original movie THE THIRTEENTH YEAR.

18. luminous's rating of the film Evolution

A fantastic film, combining a good script, with unanswered questions and gorgeous imagery, reminding me of Giorgio de Chirico. I can't wait for her next creation.

19. Ana Pascal's rating of the film Evolution

Un film formidable, mystérieux et inquiétant mais pas d'horreur à mon avis. 4.5 étoiles de mer.

20. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Evolution

I don't understand how people can enjoy films that dramatically move with zero arches, characters who do things but never change, suggestive imagery that is more about aesthetics than depth. Dream cinema doesn't have to be without rise and pace. A musing that I am sure was personal for the Director but completely left waiting for it to end

21. grotesc's rating of the film Evolution

22. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Evolution

I don't know what this is and I really don't think I ever will (but the cinematography is spotless and deserves all the stars I could give).

23. ig_____or's rating of the film Evolution

An eerie and beautiful film where dialogue is scarce and images, sounds and body language take center stage. Something insidious is happening in that forsaken island and the audience only gets a few glimpses and clues about it, but the director conjures up a mysterious environment that leaves you guessing and wondering even after the film ends. I'll keep an eye on Hadzihalilovic's next works, this was stunning.

24. Corriel's rating of the film Evolution

Stylish, symbolical, weird, abstruse.

← Previous 1 3 4