1. Mirela Dudaş's rating of the film Examined Life

2. Zac Weber's rating of the film Examined Life

Dr. Cornel West steals the show.

3. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film Examined Life

4. Joao Domingues's rating of the film Examined Life

Boy oh boy, what a dinner party

5. Alex's rating of the film Examined Life

6. galimgim's rating of the film Examined Life

Learning philosophy in classrooms should be like this.

7. Eleanor Abernathy's rating of the film Examined Life

so...judith butler, who apparently is notoriously difficult to read, is wonderful in this film and makes a whole lot of sense. also great is peter singer, the person who wrote "animal liberation" and is able to make applied philosophy easy to grasp. I love cornell west but man, he is hard to get.

8. Didem Tuncer's rating of the film Examined Life

learning some philosophy never hurts

9. Dominic Rainsford's rating of the film Examined Life

Philosophy in the streets seems to work. Butler a success not least through giving centre stage to someone else; Cornel West electric. Nussbaum and Singer don't seem to have quite left their offices. Žižek bizarre as usual.

10. Matt Richards's rating of the film Examined Life

Very cool concept of contrasting some heavy thinkers with their surroundings. Philosophy in motion as opposed to a bunch of static talking heads. Some parts are weaker than others but it's worth a watch for the mind melt that is Cornel West alone. 'Introduced to the funk of life from birth' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1Q6v1xsvcI 3 stars

11. Melanie's rating of the film Examined Life

What a Philosophy 101 course should be; the opening of our minds to the inquiry of what we find to be true... or what we believe is quotidian in our humanity+circumstance. Taylor took a series of philosophers and questions to be answered in the streets and realities that surround us. These now pragmatic philosophers are a reflection of us+how we should pursue life.Everyday living should be open to new explanations...

12. Christofer Pierson's rating of the film Examined Life

The movie making gets in the way of the philosophizing mostly. A little too cute and self-conscious to learn much from, but some segments, including the one with Butler and Taylor, are more probing and provoking than others.