1. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Exiled

The gunplay here isn't used by To to wax about the wrong or rightfulness of violence, as this is an eastern film, thus its culture is different. Here, picking a side in a gunfight (or a playground) shows brotherhood, honor, and loyalty as a form of a relationship. The action-ballet shows it's still a macho fantasy, but it's like growing up. We all die alone, but exist in the heart of others as do they with us.

2. Naoya Kugimiya's rating of the film Exiled

3. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film Exiled

Probably the closest thing to Sergio Leone that To has ever directed.

4. Severus Snape's rating of the film Exiled

5. Diogo Pires's rating of the film Exiled

nice wuxia-meets-western-meets-neo noir film, with the slow-motions that are so characteristically part of the 2000s in Hong-Kong (see for example WKW's In the Mood for Love, also from the 00s, where the slow-mo is adapted, this time to create a sense of nostalgia-melancholic-romantic feeling). EXILED also possesses a wonderful sense of humor, with great "comic bits" that come from nowhere. (e.g. 1st scene)

6. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Exiled

7. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Exiled

Proof positive that the Mexican Standoff doesn't necessarily belong to Mexico, Italy, or the American West. The film begins with a bang, but seems to lose steam about halfway through (probably because the added sentimentality doesn't jive well with the tone established by everything else). The excellent camerawork and commitment to style, though, makes this a keeper.

8. el.'s rating of the film Exiled

3,5/5. Dare no one say shooting people isn't art.

9. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Exiled

Sam Peckinpah and his "Wild Bunch" go far east.

10. Thomas Jolie's rating of the film Exiled

Nope, stil no fan of Chinese movies

11. Madison Santos's rating of the film Exiled

Neo-Western at its finest. Soundtrack was great from the first track. The Reservoir Dogs type gangster/western overlap is perfected.

12. David R Williams's rating of the film Exiled

John Woo meets Sergio Leone? Something like that.

13. Dodd Alley's rating of the film Exiled

As previously mentioned in reviews, the shootout scenes are excessive to the point of ridiculous in that the bullets come in the hundreds and only certain people get shot while others remain spotless. However, the action is slick and well-directed.

14. Dr. Medicine's rating of the film Exiled

I'm generally not a gangster film type of guy, which is odd since I'm terribly violent in real life. But 'Exiled' does what Seijun Suzuki did with gangster flicks back in the 60's, taking an ordinary gangster plot and creating intrigue through aesthetics. And the camaraderie of the 'five' was so natural, that very little was needed in terms of backstory to congeal their friendship.

15. jamesey's rating of the film Exiled

I love the ethics and principals of the main characters. It's a redeeming quality that many movies lack. Some of the shootout scenes are a bit loose in terms of who's dying and who's avoiding 100 bullets, but overall, if you like action, check it out.

16. Mark Tallo's rating of the film Exiled

17. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Exiled

They were throwing the gold around like it was chocolate bars covered in golden tinfoil. For some reason I can suspend disbelief that they can be in numerous shootouts and not get shot, but this bothers me.

18. kampton's rating of the film Exiled

I suspect that what I find barely tolerable in Tarantino,(the cheesy, self-reflexive dialog, the drawn out "assassin makes a sandwich scenes,) is leavened for me in Johnny To's movies by the exotic language and setting.

19. Richard!'s rating of the film Exiled

What am I supposed to do with dutch subtitles in Finland? get a choice between english or finnish subtitles, or just english.

20. Sarde238's rating of the film Exiled

Happy I saw this movie for everything. Also great soundtrack

21. Yasser Azmy's rating of the film Exiled

this film is every boy kid playground , playing with guns and never let your friend go ,It's a TOY STORY

22. dschank's rating of the film Exiled

bizarre, uneven and surprisingly personal entry into to's prolific portfolio. opting for a more bombastic style than usual, he renders some of the action nearly illegible. i prefer to's direction when he's pulling less from the language of the spaghetti western, and more from "the godfather." still, there's a truly iconic anthony wong performance, and the friendship at the heart of the story feels 100% organic.

23. Ciesielski Francois's rating of the film Exiled

The most entertaining movie I've seen this Year (and I 've seen a lot), a good scenario nothing special here, but the atmosphere, the actor choice are really good. You'll be in love with the Trio as soon as you see the first scene. A must-see!

24. Damian's rating of the film Exiled

A brilliant buddy movie, on a par with anything by Woo. From the Leone-esque opening scene, to the final, Wild Bunch style shootout, this film, more than any Asian crime film Ive seen, feels distinctly like a western, and this was certainly a conscious choice. To's visual style is considerable and distinctive, the film is particularly well staged and beautifully shot.