1. Nuno Ramalho's rating of the film eXistenZ

it focused on the most overexplored topic of the whole psychotechnological idea, so it failed a bit.

2. Pango's rating of the film eXistenZ

A great visionary wtf movie.

3. barış uçar's rating of the film eXistenZ

4. FISCHER's rating of the film eXistenZ

Un scénario d'une richesse foisonnante, pour une réalisation de qualité... www.cinefiches.com

5. Vasco Bação's rating of the film eXistenZ

Mark Fisher: http://markfisherreblog.tumblr.com/post/39218300218/you-wont-be-able-to-stop-yourself-you-might-as

6. nargs_au's rating of the film eXistenZ

Same tone as Videodrone but at the same time it's something else, this film has you watching not sure what is fully happening & at the same time eager to understand what is real & what isn't.

7. Leif Erikson's rating of the film eXistenZ

-Free will is, obviously, not a big factor in this little world of ours. -It's like real life; it's just enough to make it interesting...

8. _cmb's rating of the film eXistenZ

9. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film eXistenZ

Deserved to be seen by any fan of unique and original sci-fi films. I love the weird and gory prosthetics used in the film. A Cronenberg gem that needs more recognition.

10. tgmf's rating of the film eXistenZ

Fun, good-looking and scary: 3.5

11. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film eXistenZ

12. Rose Sco's rating of the film eXistenZ

13. Violet Rien's rating of the film eXistenZ

Full of imagination and nice colors.

14. Graham Ball's rating of the film eXistenZ

I am a big fan of Cronenberg (the man and his films), I find him intelligent, fascinating and his films do push the boundaries of narrative and genre. But I found this one (if my memory serves me correctly) particularly disappointing and uninteresting. Rated purely from memory when I watched it at the cinema years ago...

15. wiwitaek's rating of the film eXistenZ

easy to disgest but still eye-catchy

16. Zebedee's rating of the film eXistenZ

17. Feng Ling's rating of the film eXistenZ

between this and the magic circle, I think we are near the limit of meta (anti-)gaming. I suppose like inception it doesn't matter what's actually real in the film world; it's more about people's nightmare of too much video gaming making their kids violent and lost in real life and maybe desire to stop game makers from "polluting" their sense of reality. glad I didn't rage quit for the deliberately made bad acting.

18. Julian Rodriguez's rating of the film eXistenZ

This movie was definitely ahead of it's time. Such a head trip and very original and creative, especially for its time. Also extremely meta, because I felt the same way as a character explains at the end of the movie, there where too many twists and turns in my opinion. But overall, a good movie.

19. dr0nestar's rating of the film eXistenZ

i love how cronenberg, instead of working to suspend your disbelief by polishing things up, puts your disbelief to work through the transparency of sets and actors.

20. Dallas Swindell's rating of the film eXistenZ

A fully satisfying outing from Cronenberg that delves into the complicit nature of reality making. His prescient nod towards the import of modern open world gaming rests in the role of avatars to sell the political and social undertones of gaming. A bit hyperbolic in it's final tone/messahe, but quite a lovely fusion akin to Ender's Matrix.

21. Joe Pryweller's rating of the film eXistenZ

An always entertaining piece of science-fiction eye candy that also has its share of ooze and shock, featuring two-headed salamanders and frog larvae, but is a bit short on character or theme development. The chemistry between the leads is non-existent (and Law's whiny guard grates at times), and the idea of a "reality revolt" is a bit underserved. Still, the pace and humor make up for most of the flaws.

22. Slappy McGee's rating of the film eXistenZ

Lots of fun to be had in this Cronenberg gaming gross-out flick. Heh. Great predictor too of some stuff to come. Particularly the final scene, which pretty much nailed it.

23. Bianca Olteanu's rating of the film eXistenZ

24. ionosonde's rating of the film eXistenZ

so damn squishy. not amazing but definitely an interesting premise with some interesting, if not predictable twists. i didn't predict them, but I know a lot of other people would have!

← Previous 1 3 4 5