1. Il calvario di un’anima perduta's rating of the film eXistenZ

2. DenoResandono's rating of the film eXistenZ

This is an underrated movie from director David Cronenberg. eXistenZ looks like an update version of VIDEODROME. The idea or its concept maybe looks same. But Mr. Cronenberg is able find another new perspective in the story. eXistenZ is a satire to the dirty side of video games and bring it to the extreme level. Mr. Cronenberg blurred the reality and fantasy & that makes this movie feels exciting. It's mindblowing...

3. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film eXistenZ

The definitive full circle from Cronenberg where he finally gets to say all he wants about "twisted body parts", "confusing hallucinationary plots" and "wicked sex" in a film giving me flashbacks to "Videodrome" but also have some comments about video games in general. Hell, it could even be a kind-of sequel to "Videodrome". I love this absurd playful and wild movie full of actors and actresses I like.

4. MisterColo93's rating of the film eXistenZ

5. lbunuel's rating of the film eXistenZ

This is obviously not on the level of Cronenberg's greatest works, but still... His sense of humor is fantastic, his mise-en-scène is modern and weirdly stylish, and I don't think any other filmmaker understands the ascent of digital like he does. His films don't "talk" about technology; they incorporate it in their formal aspects.

6. Nuno Ramalho's rating of the film eXistenZ

it focused on the most overexplored topic of the whole psychotechnological idea, so it failed a bit.

7. Pango's rating of the film eXistenZ

A great visionary wtf movie.

8. barış uçar's rating of the film eXistenZ

9. FISCHER's rating of the film eXistenZ

Un scénario d'une richesse foisonnante, pour une réalisation de qualité... www.cinefiches.com

10. Vasco Bação's rating of the film eXistenZ

Mark Fisher: http://markfisherreblog.tumblr.com/post/39218300218/you-wont-be-able-to-stop-yourself-you-might-as

11. nargs_au's rating of the film eXistenZ

Same tone as Videodrone but at the same time it's something else, this film has you watching not sure what is fully happening & at the same time eager to understand what is real & what isn't.

12. Leif Erikson's rating of the film eXistenZ

-Free will is, obviously, not a big factor in this little world of ours. -It's like real life; it's just enough to make it interesting...

13. _cmb's rating of the film eXistenZ

14. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film eXistenZ

Deserved to be seen by any fan of unique and original sci-fi films. I love the weird and gory prosthetics used in the film. A Cronenberg gem that needs more recognition.

15. tgmf's rating of the film eXistenZ

Fun, good-looking and scary: 3.5

16. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film eXistenZ

17. Rose Sco's rating of the film eXistenZ

18. Violet Rien's rating of the film eXistenZ

Full of imagination and nice colors.

19. Graham Ball's rating of the film eXistenZ

I am a big fan of Cronenberg (the man and his films), I find him intelligent, fascinating and his films do push the boundaries of narrative and genre. But I found this one (if my memory serves me correctly) particularly disappointing and uninteresting. Rated purely from memory when I watched it at the cinema years ago...

20. wiwitaek's rating of the film eXistenZ

easy to disgest but still eye-catchy

21. Zebedee's rating of the film eXistenZ

22. Feng Ling's rating of the film eXistenZ

between this and the magic circle, I think we are near the limit of meta (anti-)gaming. I suppose like inception it doesn't matter what's actually real in the film world; it's more about people's nightmare of too much video gaming making their kids violent and lost in real life and maybe desire to stop game makers from "polluting" their sense of reality. glad I didn't rage quit for the deliberately made bad acting.

23. Julian Rodriguez's rating of the film eXistenZ

This movie was definitely ahead of it's time. Such a head trip and very original and creative, especially for its time. Also extremely meta, because I felt the same way as a character explains at the end of the movie, there where too many twists and turns in my opinion. But overall, a good movie.

24. dr0nestar's rating of the film eXistenZ

i love how cronenberg, instead of working to suspend your disbelief by polishing things up, puts your disbelief to work through the transparency of sets and actors.

← Previous 1 3 4 5