1. Iulia Antonache's rating of the film Exotica

“If you think that you didn’t ask to be brought into the world—then who did? All I'm saying is nobody asked you if you wanted to be brought into the world, you just ended up getting here. So the question is, now that you're here, who's asking you to stay?"

2. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Exotica

I'm glad I watched it a second time. In between viewings I watched 'The Sweet Hereafter', which gave me more insight into his theme of healing. This is the darker version of that idea. Another thing that struck me was how kind and gentle some of the interactions were. Not used to seeing that. I think it's due to being made in Canada. They really are nicer people.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Exotica

Univers trouble et fascinant où évoluent des personnages pour le moins singuliers perdus dans une intrigue spiroïdale comme les affectionne son auteur... www.cinefiches.com

4. Loud Rocks's rating of the film Exotica

5. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film Exotica

Superb structure, mysterious atmosphere and this unpredictability!

6. ceknklsn's rating of the film Exotica

7. Joel's rating of the film Exotica

Atom Egoyan's fascination with the dark parts of lonely people is centered in the location of Exotica. Where sexuality becomes canvas for human longing and lostness. An interesting character study with his particular blend of style. I think I assumed this would have more of a drive to it and so I had to reasses when confronted with the slow search for meaning and comfort in tragedy.

8. Balthaz21's rating of the film Exotica

9. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film Exotica

i want to go there ! great settings, colour and unraveling of information

10. Elephants_Gerald's rating of the film Exotica

Egoyan achieved the artistic goal of creating a fragmented, moody atmosphere and an Altman-esque character web; I admired the tone and the slowly unfolding revelations. But EXOTICA felt like an empty performance of mystery once it unraveled – one I felt was by turn a little too obvious, a little too unimaginative. The way it builds, it feels like there's going to be something more to the painful truth behind it all.

11. Carl Penguin's rating of the film Exotica

12. James Mackin's rating of the film Exotica

It has its charms, but isn't too memorable.

13. Terra's rating of the film Exotica

I went into this film not expecting much. I was just looking for a wacky trip fest B movie with plenty of nudity to watch while I painted my nails. Exotica is a beautiful, poetic dance. From just reading the brief plot summary I couldn't have predicted that I would be so completely moved by this film. The script and visuals still linger in my mind a week later. So happy I found this cinematic gem!

14. ikkini's rating of the film Exotica

Quand Atom Egoyan faisait des beaux films, c'était beau !

15. JNRARO's rating of the film Exotica

About the need for other people to project a Self without a severe emotional baggage.

16. HSBilly's rating of the film Exotica

the striptease distracted me for what the film already told me, when i could knew what happened. awesome.

17. Cichlisuite's rating of the film Exotica

18. JVG's rating of the film Exotica

One word is enough to describe "Exotica" with total precision: hypnotic. This seems to be an obvious description, as the whole film is bound to provoke that same feeling, but I have to admit Egoyan's complete success. The dark, dense atomsphere he creates around this strip club and its mysterious frequenters is one of the most immersive ambiances of modern cinema.

19. Zach Closs's rating of the film Exotica

A drama of human reason clashing with animal lust wrapped up in a seamless and visually sumptuous stream of consciousness.

20. Barkın Bulutbeyaz's rating of the film Exotica

herşeyden önce müzik çok iyi.

21. Ocram De Nodo's rating of the film Exotica

Mesmerizing web of deceptions

22. Jason Joseph's rating of the film Exotica

Unreal. The dynamism in the final long shot of Christina slowly walking to the door of her house is eminent and eerie. If you are not moved by this film, do me a favor: jump off a bridge and live to tell about your pain.

23. yaga's rating of the film Exotica

many threads in the fabric of this film, i really like it

24. nurrrit's rating of the film Exotica