1. anarresti's rating of the film Experimenter

Too bad the focus on the experimenter and not on the experiment. It suffers from the same problem of Cronenberg's "A Dangerous Method": it's a biopic, when we have at hand a brilliant legacy. But in this case it's worse. Scientists are often not as interesting as their science. I'd prefer a narrative about the impact of the Milgram Experiment on society and science and not about how life turned out for Milgram. *

2. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Experimenter

This is fine but I'd recommend seeing Milgram's own documentary of the original 1961 experiment itself, "Obedience," and watching the subjects carefully!

3. MistaRichard's rating of the film Experimenter

"I'll fucking shock ya, you little bitch"- not an actual quote/10

4. dave gunn's rating of the film Experimenter

An excellent autobiographical film about a very important and fascinating man, shot in an interesting and unique, almost stage-play-esque, way.

5. J. O.'s rating of the film Experimenter

The true fascinating story of Stanley Milgram, wasted on an uninspired, gimmick-y film with a very confused tone. The filmmaker seems to lose sight of the story, the tone, and the overall conflict - allowing the film to slip into a glacial pace with absolutely nothing of interest happening for decades. Shout out to the disastrous prosthetic facial hair and absurd Anton Yelchin cameo.

6. Miguel Antunes's rating of the film Experimenter

The colors and the humor were everything

7. bernardovazdecastro's rating of the film Experimenter

Yes, I received a shock too. A shock of bad teste, poor cinema and wikipedia information.

8. Diogo CF's rating of the film Experimenter

2,5⭐= 5/10 https://espalhafactos.com/2016/08/04/experimenter-psicologo-abalou-america/

9. auloel's rating of the film Experimenter

Too segmented. I prefer Stanford Prisoner Experiment.

10. Chris's rating of the film Experimenter

not really "entertaining" or one to watch more than once, but definitely worth seeing if unfamiliar with the experiments

11. A47's rating of the film Experimenter

12. bryanvmh's rating of the film Experimenter

Not a fan of the consistent monologues to the camera nor the intense DI greying of the experiment room. But I did like the sets and rear projections.

13. F-BOMB's rating of the film Experimenter

Knocking Milgram's experiments because they're in all the introductory psych texts would be like knocking Beethoven's ninth because we can all hum the Ode to Joy - something so fundamental was uncovered here that even when we all were told about it, nothing changed. This movie has its shaky moments (that fake beard) but Sarsgaard puts forth a performance worthy of the Beethoven behind your Psych 101 text's sidenotes.

14. Mic-kosh-ka's rating of the film Experimenter

15. alonsoelias's rating of the film Experimenter

2.5 buenas actuaciones pero no alcanza

16. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Experimenter

Well acted, seemed like an experiment in film at times

17. SvenErik's rating of the film Experimenter

really boring and uncinematic, no one really to root for and with that beard I couldn't take anything dr. m said seriously.

18. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film Experimenter

19. msmichel's rating of the film Experimenter

The experiments of Stanley Milgram aimed to prove certain conditions must be present for humans to inflict systematic pain onto others but instead controversially proved that the majority of people prefer to shirk responsibility for their actions in the excuse of 'just following orders'. Almereyda adds an experimental style of filmmaking to the proceedings that make the film less clinical yet impersonal. Interesting.

20. elenagallen's rating of the film Experimenter

This Kaufmanish script is entertaining while watched but it doesn't build up in you once the film is over. This strange amnesia and emotional analgesia makes me think the director somehow failed on its grandilocuent cinematic experiment.

21. Aaron Dillenbeck's rating of the film Experimenter

Interesting and insightful. The obvious use of green screens was actually really unique. Lots of voice overs and asides keeps you historically up to date. Acting was average.

22. Mark Tallo's rating of the film Experimenter

Just a wonderful movie filled with ideas, wonderful acting, and amazing storytelling. All bio pictures should be this good.

23. Hollywood Overdose's rating of the film Experimenter

This is a rose in a garden of nettles of modern age cinema: new, inventive and superb creativeness was the bullseye of Experimenter. You see, the colours and the scenarios stormed my mind with the idea of the parallelism between two different times and one concept that perpetuates throughout time. It's loud and clear even to those deaf conservative people.

24. MIRZBOW's rating of the film Experimenter

great and boring at the same time. but it's good to see Milgram's experiments (which i was read that before) on a screen.