1. f-nanda's rating of the film Explorers

Maybe if I had seen it as a kid...

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Explorers

Une oeuvre sympathique qui fut un cuisant échec aux States... www.cinefiches.com

3. Glue Sniffer's rating of the film Explorers

Gdybym był teraz dzieckiem pewnie bym się zakochał co prawda dzieckiem czuje się nadal jednak plastikowi kosmici w różowych włosach już mnie nie kręcą :(

4. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Explorers

Dante's most overlooked work - despite some of its troubled filmmaking, this film has plenty of creativity and family-friendly entertainment he had (starting with GREMLINS) for us to enjoy & think about. Both Hawke & Phoenix make their big-screen debuts as two of the boys interested in space travel. Can't forget to say those aliens were funny and production design & special effects were amazing, too.

5. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film Explorers

One of my childhood's favs. A standard depiction of American neighborhood and it's stereotypes embedded in a good imaginative space plot. As it's really hard to speculate about alien life, the movie sadly fails to meet the expectations created around the journey. Even so, if you were an early 90's or later 80's kid this one is probably part of it.

6. claudiaaraujo's rating of the film Explorers

06/15 Decent movie for the target audience. It was great seeing River in his first film. I mean watching him in MOPI and then seeing him in this...two completely different personalities.

7. Roberto Mansi's rating of the film Explorers

Bellissimo fino a quando partono per il viaggio. Poi il film scema in gag noiose.

8. Ren P's rating of the film Explorers

Great fun! I started thinking about this film today. I remember watching it a bunch as a kid. It's great now for the look at the era through children's eyes as well. There is a sentiment about the first half being beautiful and the second half turning into a bad children's movie with aliens. Unfortunately, I agree, it's a shame about the second half. I would have ending it with them going into space.

9. Michael Harbour's rating of the film Explorers

Gets off to a decent start as a friendly little kid flick but gets dragged down by its equivalent of the 2001 "acid trip" sequence; in this case, involving television and alien burlesque.

10. supercar's rating of the film Explorers

I've never seen a movie with such a promising first half crash and burn in such a spectacular fashion in the final quarter. It is truly horrifying. Even the main character is sickened and confused watching it happen, and leaves depressed, his dreams of space crushed. That's also how I felt watching it. The first half though, is beautiful. It is the perfect representation of my taste in movies as a twelve year old.

11. Algitya's rating of the film Explorers

It's a shame for me for missed this kind of another Goldsmith uplifting stuff. The alien looks bit nasty but luckily their not misbehaving . Dream On !

12. Roscoe's rating of the film Explorers

Good fun, most enjoyable with a bit of a sting in its tail.

13. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film Explorers

A massive missed opportunity. For the most part, it's actually pretty fun - an entertaining, Spielberg-esque suburban fantasy with some cool special effects. But in the last act it goes completely wrong with some ridiculous aliens that are embarrassingly cheesy, even for a kids' movie. Could have been another one of those imaginative 80s cult movies, but the hokey ending ruins it.

14. Miasma's rating of the film Explorers

This film was the first thing I watched after my parents provided our family with the incredible new innovation: the VCR! I loved it for years. In retrospect, I find it hard to believe I was merely five years old.