1. Juan Javier's rating of the film Extraordinary Stories

Una de las mejores películas que uno puede ver, si le gustan las historias bien contadas

2. Atzin Ortiz González's rating of the film Extraordinary Stories

What would be a book if it were a film? This film for sure. An interesting experiment in narrative, most definitely, but quite exhausting as well.

3. mootz15's rating of the film Extraordinary Stories

The narration starts off endearing enough but soon becomes pompous, needlessly meandering and just insufferable, like someone reading a bad imitation of Roberto Bolaño. The stories are occasionally promising and in the beginning there are distant echoes of Tarantino and the Cohens (particularly that of Z) but they ultimately dissolve in an anticlimactic, and frankly cringeworthy, mess.

4. captainfez's rating of the film Extraordinary Stories

Died In The Arse: the lengthy film.

5. SantaNidia's rating of the film Extraordinary Stories

Parece como si estuvieras leyendo un buen libro

6. darioscha's rating of the film Extraordinary Stories

Un gran ejemplo dónde la cinematografía y la literatura se funden y explotan sus posibilidades narrativas,

7. RonanM's rating of the film Extraordinary Stories

I watched this in fits and starts over the course of a week, determined to see it all despite the demands of work and family life. I have lived with the stories and characters and now it is finally over. It has been a wonderful experience. What an amazing film!

8. fearraigh's rating of the film Extraordinary Stories

Who knew a four-hour film recounted entirely in voiceover would be not only watchable but compulsive? Llinás builds on the promise of Balnéarios and constructs a fascinating puzzle that haunts and dazzles in equal amounts. One of those films that you want to consume you over and over again.

9. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Extraordinary Stories

How pleasurable it was to enjoy the pleasures of narrative instead of watching cardboard figures marched around a plastic game board track. What a joy to simply watch people and faces move, respecting the secrets they house, no coercion from superficial miming pegged to story "beats". What a pleasure to watch the images just for themselves. What a pleasure just to feel pleasure. But, too many men, not enough women!

10. McOpinionated's rating of the film Extraordinary Stories

Actually, un-rated (yet). Watched about half, enjoyed what I saw except for the initially amateurish-looking half hour marred by the (ironically?) unrealistic arrival / departure of characters around the tractor. Perhaps stressing the primacy of the voice-over and oral story-telling over the use of illustrative pictures? It was off-putting rather than unsettling. Need to complete on youtube or wherever :-(

11. zoerose's rating of the film Extraordinary Stories

Although with a very intriguing and innovative narration style the movie loses its charm after the first 2,5 hours.I don't know how I feel about the omnipresent,and all-knowing narrator.The voiceover not agreeing with what we see it is indeed a step forward for an emancipated viewer,with active imagination.However the image in cinema is still prominent and the film feels overstuffed.Film should not mirror literature.

12. Viginti_tres's rating of the film Extraordinary Stories

The two are normally presented as alternative options, but here is a film that both shows and tells at the same time. Sometimes in concert and sometimes clashing. Like Out 1 the whole exceeds the parts. There are some stunning moments in here, but its the audacity of filming a rambling four-hour long lost Pynchon novel that makes this special. Like Pynchon it fell just on the right side on nonsense. Good chapters.

13. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Extraordinary Stories

"Extraordinary stories" is like an episodical novel accompanied with the moving images. It’s got lots of digressions that may or may not have something to do with the three main stories, and perhaps this is what I appreciate in this experiment. It tries to bring some features of literature into cinema. 4 hours of voiceover narrator is kind of extreme though, and the text doesn’t always reach the level of literature.

14. EdieEmm's rating of the film Extraordinary Stories

Camerawork, acting, sound design were all mostly mediocre and IT TOTALLY DIDN'T MATTER. That's the genius. The reliance on editing/music/post-production-in-general as the primary narrative device works in as iconoclastic & astonishing a way here as ever in film history. Then fashioning a cinematic infrastructure out of assorted literary conventions...? Badass, smart af, DIY directing. Look forward to more from him...

15. Nick Potter's rating of the film Extraordinary Stories

Typically, not being able to fully understand a film is a negative aspect, but the reason I couldn't recount the whole plot of this film is because there's simply so much of it. It genuinely is three films, each with their own distinct subplots. I think I like it more as an experiment in storytelling than I do as an actual narrative, but it works regardless. Certainly one of the most fascinating films I've watched.

16. david Keenan's rating of the film Extraordinary Stories

Intriguing plots, pretty gripping, though I lost interest towards the end but maybe that's the point - the destination itself was never going to be the most interesting part. Mubi probably should choose a different photo for this film btw - those two characters are very minor parts in the whole journey.

17. Diderot's rating of the film Extraordinary Stories

It's absurd to me the level of praise this movie has received. Apart from the Lola Gallo sequence and the fact that it ends with a nice cover of "Sloop John B", the movie even lacks moments of charm in its unearned, overlong running time.

18. Jade Decock's rating of the film Extraordinary Stories

19. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Extraordinary Stories

20. Nan Bauer's rating of the film Extraordinary Stories

Gorgeous. Stories within stories. Everyone who starts with a quest ends up finding that the journey IS the quest. Loved the Borges-ness of it.

21. paul_quixote's rating of the film Extraordinary Stories

One of the most compelling openings I've seen. I instantly bought the style, which was unlike anything. The visuals are, while I’m no aficionado, the most artful rendering of lo-fi cinematography I've experienced. Mostly silent performances show the range of what the human face can convey. Only ding is the part w/ uniforms and tanks and shit, felt from a different movie. Still, 5 bloody stars for originality!

22. between7skies's rating of the film Extraordinary Stories

4.1/2 This film is like a great book that is a life changer. A miracle that cinema has been waiting for. The only weakness was ts mixed ending the last 15 minutes. It doesn't maintains the same exquisite rigour he held for nearly 4 long hours.

23. SiIencio's rating of the film Extraordinary Stories

Llinás arrives with the ambition to rewrite the protocols of cinema with a satchel full of Borges, Cortázar, Verne and Stevenson. Llinás brings literature into a new dimension with the genius of the lunatic and the verb of the classics. From neutral motel rooms to shady gas stations, his lonesome characters wander, downriver, forging less than extraordinary stories.

24. DPach's rating of the film Extraordinary Stories

Im in awe of this movie. It blends literature and film so beautifully together. The stories are great and even though its 4 hours long it holds up amazingly well. Im only not giving it 5 stars because the final story gave a very amateur look to it as well as the end credits.