1. Lex Lucas's rating of the film Extreme Private Eros: Love Song 1974

Chronique d'un été is not far from here. Hara goes way beyond any other kind of intimacy we never witnessed on film. Fundamental.

2. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Extreme Private Eros: Love Song 1974

3. Gerald Singer's rating of the film Extreme Private Eros: Love Song 1974

Amazing portrait of a unique person. Very raw and full of unconventional life. Radical feminism out of sync.

4. marianus's rating of the film Extreme Private Eros: Love Song 1974

Intriguing portrait, although no character is sympathetic. And sometimes the director's ineptness is well-timed ;)

5. atjim's rating of the film Extreme Private Eros: Love Song 1974

one of the best documentaries i have ever seen

6. Damian's rating of the film Extreme Private Eros: Love Song 1974

A truly intimate portrait of a truly individual woman in early 1970s Japan. The experimental filming and certain amateurish touch do reming of Nouvelle Vague, the film itself, however, lacks a solid base. A few scenes and dialogues do stay in ones mind, but it is much more the energetic and patchwork-like persona of the main character which makes this movie interesting. Definitely worth seeing, but once is enough.

7. Dimpfelmoser66's rating of the film Extreme Private Eros: Love Song 1974

I don't know if I'm qualified to review this film as I fell asleep after 15 minutes. When I continued watching after walking up the film didn't make any sense, but I refrained from rewinding as the first 15 minutes didn't make any sense either. I think it was Tom Tykwer who said that films should be personal, but never privat. Well this is as privat as it gets, including some extreme birth giving.

8. Alberto Funkledink's rating of the film Extreme Private Eros: Love Song 1974

Interesting voyeuristic insight into the life of an eccentric and somewhat repulsive group of Japanese people from another age. Some scenes are not for the faint hearted!

9. Bekriah Mawasi's rating of the film Extreme Private Eros: Love Song 1974

4 1/2. Oh my fucking lord, what a lovely film.

10. mgaspa's rating of the film Extreme Private Eros: Love Song 1974

Real free cinema. Honest film. Bravo !!!

11. Nilbaran's rating of the film Extreme Private Eros: Love Song 1974

12. ali.fakhraee's rating of the film Extreme Private Eros: Love Song 1974

Speechless. No words can describe the beauty of this movie. It is one of the most honest and beautiful portrays of life filmed on camera ever.

13. Wee Liat Tan's rating of the film Extreme Private Eros: Love Song 1974

Interesting perspective of a non-traditional lifestyle in 70s Japan.

14. Des Horne's rating of the film Extreme Private Eros: Love Song 1974

There is something catastrophic about his films that I love.

15. Jesus Cervantes's rating of the film Extreme Private Eros: Love Song 1974

Tough to watch in a revelatory kind of way. The beauty is found in its unprofessional technique as we see people just living and making life-changing decisions and events unfolding before our eyes. Neither pessimistic nor optimistic, just hopeful and raw and real.

16. Helen's rating of the film Extreme Private Eros: Love Song 1974

17. Dooooooor's rating of the film Extreme Private Eros: Love Song 1974

Welp I wasn't expecting to watch a childbirth first thing in the morning.

18. mpho3's rating of the film Extreme Private Eros: Love Song 1974

"We all think we're special." - Miyuki. The filmmaking - yes. The subject - fascinating. But isn't anyone else bothered by her narcissism? It's one thing to be transgressive and another to be a shitty mother. I would really love to see how these folks' lives turned out.

19. Bronwyn Walls's rating of the film Extreme Private Eros: Love Song 1974

This film is seamlessly challenging, sad, confusing, and beautiful all at once. I love Miyuki's unabashedness and Hara's bravery as a personal filmmaker. An intimate and honest portrayal, and also a brief window into an alternative and experimental style of living in Okinawa in the mid-70's. Fully engaging.

20. T Mills's rating of the film Extreme Private Eros: Love Song 1974

The least effective of Mubi's series on Hara, this film still features some hard and powerful scenes. It works best when the subject turns back to Hara himself. Unfortunately, I feel the unstable journey of this woman is all too familiar and realistic (that's a good thing).

21. Alex's rating of the film Extreme Private Eros: Love Song 1974

Oh Hara, I am speechless. And I mean this in a good way. The last half hour was not what I expected, and as all of your films seem to do, I am taken deep into myself for inquiry. Both in regards to the making of my own films, and, importantly, the living of my life. Ultimately, being a father for only 15 months now, I was in awe from the very beginning. There is a control hara reveals that makes this absorbing.

22. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Extreme Private Eros: Love Song 1974

23. urbi et orbi's rating of the film Extreme Private Eros: Love Song 1974

This was an amazing portrait of an amazing woman and her community.

24. Jalise's rating of the film Extreme Private Eros: Love Song 1974

It felt real to me. It came across as authentic and somehow relatable.