1. Gia de Almeida's rating of the film Extremis

While this is extremely sad and really did make me emotional I feel like it never crosses that line that stops it from being exploitative and voyeuristic of other people's pain. Nothing comes of it, it's a completely sterile exercise that only touches the surface of what is holding the power of deciding life and death.

2. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Extremis

This is a tough watch. And although it is centered around these terminally ill patients, it is not about them per se. It is about decisions.

3. Elephants Gerald's rating of the film Extremis

Exploitative and immoral. The ICU patients in near-vegetative states have no means with which to express their consent to be filmed, and both the doctors and the next-of-kin all seem to be playing this perverse fame-chasing game, like the worst kind of reality TV. One doctor in particular is especially performative, making an egregious show of her bravery. A disgusting and unethical spectacle.

4. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Extremis

Important things for us all to witness, thank you. It is all so naturally powerful that we do not need help knowing how to feel, though: the soundtrack has to go. However discrete, it is also somewhat insulting and undignified. The music is already in the faces and the sensitive camera work and editing and in our hearts.

5. AndreTenente's rating of the film Extremis

It's sad. But beautiful. Thanks for it.