1. Superfrog's rating of the film Eyes Wide Open

I enjoyed the image, the situations and the subtlety of the social interactions. This is a slow film though, and it could do with a bit more in places to sustain itself.

2. janh24's rating of the film Eyes Wide Open

3. m.jempson@btinternet.com's rating of the film Eyes Wide Open

Another touching and tragic reminder of the suffocating impact of orthodox/fundamentalist religion. Once the certainties may have provided a (false) sense of security & righteousness, now we can see how it destroys people. What kind of God approves of the indecency of gay-bashing and 'ritual' (cleansing?) suicide. Some tender performances in a tough setting.

4. dmol's rating of the film Eyes Wide Open

This movie creeps into you, with quiet contrasts such as a bloody butcher cutting meat while discovering new lengths of sensitivity and sexuality around him. The ending didn't really make me sad, like a few people mentioned - it pleased me that a man chose (trying not to include any spoilers here...) not to go back to a fake way of living. He chose his passion, the only way he knew how.

5. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Eyes Wide Open

An interesting look at a love between two Jewish men that turns their lives into a turbulent series of confrontations and personal reflections.

6. anwoody's rating of the film Eyes Wide Open

Surprisingly engrossing. Deals with a community about which I knew very little and it surprised me with its rigidity and internal policing. A film about temptation, suppression and the struggle, as Aaron says, to be "alive".

7. Hugo Sypniewski-D'Argantel's rating of the film Eyes Wide Open

Re-visited after several years, still good but no with the same impact as previously. Story of two gay Orthodox Jews struggling with their desires in both mentally and physically claustrophobic community, involved in emerging spiral of rather predictable events. Good.

8. chloe's rating of the film Eyes Wide Open

insightful and artistic portrayal of a narrow, traditional community and mindset

9. Pymo's rating of the film Eyes Wide Open

10. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Eyes Wide Open

11. El Biffo's rating of the film Eyes Wide Open

12. mpho3's rating of the film Eyes Wide Open

13. William Santiago E Silva's rating of the film Eyes Wide Open

14. matthew Tsarmaklis's rating of the film Eyes Wide Open

15. ozzie_guy's rating of the film Eyes Wide Open

bravo ... looking forward to seeing this

16. neilstrauss23's rating of the film Eyes Wide Open

Cant wait to see it. dont know when will they show in Spain!! :( You know spain is very late in terms of films!

17. Wariaz's rating of the film Eyes Wide Open

We walk the plank, with our Eyes Wide Open... With our Eyes Wide Open, we walk the plank... (...You just get used to living in fear. Or give up. When you can't even picture your future...)

18. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Eyes Wide Open

A thoughtful and mature drama (3.8/5)

19. Katya Kazbek's rating of the film Eyes Wide Open

Among different cultures and religions, love and hate remain the two only constants, always clashing with each other, crumbling lives. This is a beautiful and devastatingly sad story, which could have happened anywhere in a society of intolerance. It also offers some very interesting insight on the lifestyle of Orthodox Jews.

20. Adam GR's rating of the film Eyes Wide Open

I appreciate its argument for lust.

21. yulquen's rating of the film Eyes Wide Open

hey, this was really dull.

22. Edwin N's rating of the film Eyes Wide Open

It's tragic, really, to come face to face with the heavy, gashing weight of tradition, religion and the sacred feeling of acceptance in a community. 'Eyes Wide Open' demonstrates that and repressed desires in an intimate and very subtle way..

23. ramosbarajas's rating of the film Eyes Wide Open

Not knowing a lot about Orthodox Jewish Jerusalem may be a problem in understanding this film, but I feel as though the story itself is simple enough to understand that context is not too necessary. The performances were good, and it does a good job of presenting many aspects to the story. The story is very well written, remember that not everything can have a Hollywood ending.

24. ach's rating of the film Eyes Wide Open

a beautiful shortmovie. tender and lively their love, harsh, merciless the frame. very weak the end, it seemed to me