1. Aivaras_Z's rating of the film Face/Off

Essential bombastic and awesomely stupid action cinema from the late 90's right here. Cage puts one of his most memorable crazy performances. He is a delight to watch, and Travolta is not that far away entertainment-wise.

2. Aditya Watts's rating of the film Face/Off

One of my absolute favorites as a kid!

3. empathymachine's rating of the film Face/Off

i dunno what was funnier, john travolta playing nicolas cage trying to play john travolta, or nicolas cage trying to play john travolta trying to play nicolas cage.

4. Trevor Tillman's rating of the film Face/Off

From the tragic opening, stopping just short of Travolta shouting at the heavens, to Cage bellowing Handel's Messiah, to the showdown surrounded by Latin Orthodox iconography, this is an action-opera reveling in its own mythic theatricality. Batshit set pieces stand shoulder to shoulder with the best of the silent era, and recall the bygone days of stunt and pyrotechnical work that were sadly taken for granted.

5. HKFanatic's rating of the film Face/Off

I've seen "Face/Off" more times than I can count, but it never truly felt like a John Woo film until I saw it projected in 35mm; Woo's operatic vision is intended for the widest screen and loudest sound system you can find. The pairing of Travolta and Cage is one of those once-in-a-generation fusions of star power, and both actors are committed to bringing Woo's bullet-ridden Tragedy to life in a hail of sparks.

6. Aulia Indry's rating of the film Face/Off

organized, maybe that's the right word to describe this movie

7. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Face/Off

A cool concept where one takes a rather far-fetched idea: what if you change face with your worst enemy who also happens to be a cruel sadistic killer and add it with non-stop bullet rain that only action director John Woo can make sense of? Nicolas Cage groping a choir girl and Travolta licking Dominique Swain is the kind of the crazy over-the-top behavior that makes one think you see a dirty old man's dream.

8. blkrchs's rating of the film Face/Off

9. spasmolytic's rating of the film Face/Off

10. Polyglot's rating of the film Face/Off

What a somewhat enjoyable fiasco? :/

11. Arf's rating of the film Face/Off

troppo lungo ed esasperato ma ha dei momenti altissimi

12. Louis Léonard's rating of the film Face/Off

I remember this being extremely awesome... but now it's more like extremely cheezy surrounded by awesome action sequences. (.5 for nostalgia) (3.5 / 5)

13. noice's rating of the film Face/Off

nicholas cage pretending to be john travolta pretending to be nicholas cage

14. Ulisse Salazar's rating of the film Face/Off

15. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Face/Off

I read the novelization in junior high, before I saw the film, and it's brilliant literary qualities made me disapointed by the source material. True story.

16. andretz's rating of the film Face/Off

17. Marija Sajekaitė's rating of the film Face/Off

Indeed, I am entertaining myself with all Nic Cage movies in a row.

18. Ethan's rating of the film Face/Off

This is probably the best film John Woo made in America.

19. lowplacelikehome's rating of the film Face/Off

20. James Mackin's rating of the film Face/Off

What a national treasure. But I wish this film got a prequel in which Nicolas Cage just played the bad guy for the entire film.

21. Renton47's rating of the film Face/Off

"Movies this demented don't seem to get made anymore". Certainly not the peak of Woo's action sequences, but an undeniable film due to those two performances. That anyone would bother to criticise on rational terms when the film is operating on whole other levels of reality is strange to me. On blu-ray there were so many laughable stunt doubles, but really I'm just thankful it was legit stunt work at all.

22. Dan's rating of the film Face/Off

John Woo is so fucking extra. The doves...

23. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Face/Off

So relentlessly stupid that I award a second star out of respect for its integrity.

24. Max Swanson's rating of the film Face/Off

Essential batshit 90's action cinema.