1. Juliana Senra's rating of the film Faces

Nobody has the time to be vulnerable to each other.

2. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Faces

8.0/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-32s

3. Balthaz21's rating of the film Faces

4. nessmj's rating of the film Faces

I didn't entirely jive with Cassavetes particular brand of spontaneity. There were moments with certain shots and movements that I found borderline vapid. However, the dialogue and performances were wonderful. Searing inspection of masculinity and its potential for egotism and willful ignorance as the backdrop for a quickly disintegrating relationship is made heavier by the entrance of a seemingly normal marriage.

5. MistaRichard's rating of the film Faces

«I think we were all created evil! Then some... or some wise guy, some, uh, a leftwinger, or a, a union organizer comes along and tells us that we were all created good, we were all created in His image.»

6. Philippe P. Marchetti's rating of the film Faces

This movie changed my entire perception of being a Young Filmmaker. Game Changer. And Forever I felt in Love with Gena Rowlands.

7. Tutu888's rating of the film Faces

All the scenes are unnecessary long, a lot of acting is completely over the top. Cinematography is arty when it shouldn't be and the characters are caricatural so it's very hard to connect with them. But still this film is fascinating and while watching you're on the edge of your chair waiting for another outburst of human weaknesses.

8. FISCHER's rating of the film Faces

Un des plus grands Cassavetes où perce au-delà des beuveries et des rires un désespoir communicatif... www.cinefiches.com

9. -REM-'s rating of the film Faces

10. Muraki's rating of the film Faces

better than any anti-romantic movie. also a great study on the human romantics

11. Corrado Agnello's rating of the film Faces

12. s.birowo's rating of the film Faces

The closing scene got me hooked

13. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Faces

14. le Gars's rating of the film Faces

4,5 Cassavetes attacks American society by describing unhappy marriages and lost people. The greatness of this film is that it escapes labels: it is realist and it is not, it is precisely written and it is not, it is fiction and it is not. The first scene adds a touch of mise en abyme that reveals the beautiful paradox of Cassavetes' filmmaking style: cinema is a mixture of lies and truths. Like everyday life.

15. Mighty Quinn's rating of the film Faces

After trying to get past the opening half hour, I finally found myself with a dramatically rewarding, if difficult, film. Like other Cassavetes pics, it's a low key look at the lives of a few miserable people: Gena Rowlands and John Marley are the centre of the drama, but each scene plays out improvised, peeling away each person's vulnaribities. Like jazz, it can be brilliant, at times annoying, but always engaging.

16. Beau de Jour's rating of the film Faces

People talk, laugh, quarrel just to prove their humanity, nothing remotely important is ever said; but a deep sense of emptyness and melancholy spreads everywhere, hidden under every laugh and behind every chain of forced jokes

17. Dalibor's rating of the film Faces

One you'll remember without really knowing why. At a certain point it will start to look like a struggle between overly intimate cinematography trying to subdue bunch of characters not willing to show any intimacy what-so-ever. Until finally cracking and willingly confining them self to a still image.

18. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Faces

19. bagno's rating of the film Faces

boh alla. fine lho abbassato a 3 però porco dio che film

20. I0000days's rating of the film Faces

Man, Cassavetes is one damn intelligent director.

21. lupiter's rating of the film Faces

i love cassavetes but this was too much for me. love the ending scenes though.

22. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Faces

I like the way Cassavetes scenes have odd jutting shapes, murky corners where the vacuum can't reach.

23. SpacePirate's rating of the film Faces

I was transfixed from the opening frame. Essential.

24. Theories Of Anxiety's rating of the film Faces

I re-watched and re-watched to be sure how perfectly beautiful it is.

← Previous 1 3 4