1. dionysus67's rating of the film Fallen Angels

A film about which a not so generous critic might accuse of pompousness and bombastic visuals. The color palette in the narrow corridors of Hong Kong has a dynamism that makes the film appealing, yet the excessive recourse to slow motion and hazy visuals vitiates any aesthetic force as there is ittle room for abstraction in each frame. The parodic element is a disaster but the resolution admittedly intriguing.

2. whimsicalmelancholy's rating of the film Fallen Angels

Wong Kar-wai's typical mundane, and he elevates it into a higher level of beauty with interesting leading characters in every plot. Takeshi Kaneshiro, boi you win // 4.5

3. filmwaverly's rating of the film Fallen Angels

"As I was leaving, I asked if he'd give me a ride home. I hadn't ridden a motorcycle in a long time. Actually, I hadn't been that close to a man for a while. The road wasn't long, and I knew I'd be getting off soon. But at that moment I felt such warmth."

4. angeldromero's rating of the film Fallen Angels

Style and more style. Wong Kar-Wai has a special sensitivity to loneliness, real human connections and action sequences.

5. G.F Pounder's rating of the film Fallen Angels

This film is everything. All the characters are a little lost, a little tired and a little crazy- but aren't we just all? Beautifully capturing the absurdity of existence, with an aesthetic which is captured so beautifully through Doyle's almost perfect cinematography, Fallen Angels is endlessly re watchable. Kudos to Kaneshiro for his performance too.

6. Feellikeanumber's rating of the film Fallen Angels

7. Benjamin Reid's rating of the film Fallen Angels

It oozes liquid cool. I <3 the aesthetic fever dream of the wide angle shots and really want to download the soundtrack. The weakness of the film is that its female characters, though sometimes badass, are a bit one note in comparison to the richer ones of Chungking Express and In the Mood For Love. A bit more genre subversion would have been beneficial. Still, Fallen Angels does really well at what it prioritizes.

8. Henrique Barbosa Justini's rating of the film Fallen Angels

sob os neons de uma hong kong noturna, as personagens insones transitam à procura de alguém com quem possam dividir a intimidade e a solidão. as personagens só transmitem afeto através de um instrumento- vídeo, perfume, uma música

9. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Fallen Angels

10. tri ...'s rating of the film Fallen Angels

I've left my mark. You may forget my face, but you won't forget my bite. 3+

11. joaomoita's rating of the film Fallen Angels

12. lemonish5's rating of the film Fallen Angels

Smoking cigarettes under blue neon, riding a motorbike through Hong Kong tunnels, searching for solace amid the rubble of a violent life—iconic.

13. eccestefan's rating of the film Fallen Angels

14. NCMBianchi's rating of the film Fallen Angels

15. D I A N A's rating of the film Fallen Angels

I firmly understand now, that movies with a highly stylistic approach and characters that will deeply inspire from there attire to attitude. are the only movies I really wanna watch. Fuk a plot

16. Lucia0550's rating of the film Fallen Angels

17. gaussian's rating of the film Fallen Angels

takeshi kaneshiro's mugshot photoshoot is iconic

18. Salma's rating of the film Fallen Angels

My all time favorite. It's not style over content - style IS content. A vivid, hectic collage.

19. DenoResandono's rating of the film Fallen Angels

FALLEN ANGELS is a spiritual sequel to the great CHUNGKING EXPRESS. This movie offered everything you'd expect from director Wong Kar-Wai. To me, it's hard not to compare this movie with CHUNGKING EXPRESS. FALLEN ANGELS isn't as fresh as the movie that I just mentioned. But I would be a liar if I didn't say this movie is exciting, intriguing, and quite entertaining. Maybe I should watch FALLEN ANGELS again. Someday..

20. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Fallen Angels

21. Peđa's rating of the film Fallen Angels

"It would be so great if it could rain forever."

22. Rustam Chartrand Mendeleev's rating of the film Fallen Angels

23. ceknklsn's rating of the film Fallen Angels

47/100 (Wong Kar Wai'nin izlediğim üçüncü ve açık ara en kötü filmi. Oyunculuklar o kadar kötü, karakterler o kadar yapmacık-çocuksu ki başkasının yerine utandığım anlar oldu. Ha bide cool olmak için kasılan sahneler çok fazla göze batıyordu, can çekişiyordu o sahneler adeta. Chunking express'i çeken bir kişi böylesi bir filmi çekemez, inanmak istemiyorum.)

24. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Fallen Angels

The older sibling to Chungking Express and just as good. The ending alone is one of my all time favorite. I would even say that it’s Wong’s most visually perfect film about lonely, melancholiac people in Hong Kong. Takeshi Kaneshiro massaging a dead pig is both the best and worst moment of the film.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7