1. Walker's rating of the film Fanny and Alexander (Television Version)

This is a towering work of art, a copy of which belongs in every home! 11/10

2. Jason's rating of the film Fanny and Alexander (Television Version)

It would make some sense to bisect the world of Ingmar Bergman. On the one hand: the world of theatre, fraternity, and celebration. On the other hand: the austere / severe condition of prostration before a silent God in a world where people quietly torture one another. While Bergman's work in general grew more severe as time went on, FANNY AND ALEXANDER comes out swinging on the side of happiness and good faith.

3. Ben Nash's rating of the film Fanny and Alexander (Television Version)

The one and only way to watch Fanny and Alexander. Stupendous.

4. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Fanny and Alexander (Television Version)

I think that, except for a few cases of deepening thematics, the theatrical edit is stronger, no matter what Ingmar himself thought.

5. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Fanny and Alexander (Television Version)

The theatrical edition omits two of my favourite scenes. If I think of the film without them, the fantastical elements become suppressed, and perhaps it is a more bleak film. Therefore, I believe Bergman meant the TV version to be the definitive. I am in love with this movie.

6. João Portalegre's rating of the film Fanny and Alexander (Television Version)

this is definitely bergman's best film and I'm really sad that it's not the one I love the most. the first episode was so amazing to me that I was waiting for that to come back in the following acts, and, when it did, I didn't care much for it. though it doesn't drag on, it felt to me like it did. but it's still amazing - even if they do overuse the theater motif, its meta commentary comes from a really nice place.

7. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Fanny and Alexander (Television Version)

I definitely wouldn't say this is Bergman's best film. There's a LOT of narrative dead space in the first half before Edvard comes into the story properly, Fanny is basically a non-entity, and Carl's situation with his wife is never resolved. In spite of those issues and its issue with focus, Bergman's ability to evoke, abstractly, remains impressive as ever. But he has made more explosive, effecting films before.

8. Eka Vakri Riski's rating of the film Fanny and Alexander (Television Version)

9. Valentin Alexandru's rating of the film Fanny and Alexander (Television Version)

10. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Fanny and Alexander (Television Version)

the main kid looks a little like a very young Matthew Broderick so I've chosen to think of this movie as a devastating, sweepingly beautiful prequel to Ferris Bueller's Day Off

11. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Fanny and Alexander (Television Version)

12. Lintang A.'s rating of the film Fanny and Alexander (Television Version)

Bergman's greatest achievement that he ever did in his career.

13. ceknklsn's rating of the film Fanny and Alexander (Television Version)

14. Ethan's rating of the film Fanny and Alexander (Television Version)

The television version is the best way to see this epic masterpiece from Ingmar Bergman. That man just had an eye for the cinema.

15. HSBilly's rating of the film Fanny and Alexander (Television Version)

16. Nathanael Draper's rating of the film Fanny and Alexander (Television Version)

Extraordinary. Probably my favourite Bergman film.

17. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Fanny and Alexander (Television Version)

There are few films that attempt to bring such huge scope and depth to the screen, and fewer that pull it off as masterfully as this. It was originally intended to be Bergman’s final film, and if it ended up being so I can’t think of a better way to end a career. The film captures all of life, birth to death, and a possible afterlife. It knows how to see the world through the eyes of the very young and the very old.

18. Muraki's rating of the film Fanny and Alexander (Television Version)

Art/house drama at it's best.

19. Yumi Kaioh's rating of the film Fanny and Alexander (Television Version)

under alexander skin, our skin.

20. Colin Earner's rating of the film Fanny and Alexander (Television Version)

Watched it right after I had my wisdom teeth removed and was unable to feel my face. I thought it was very beautiful.

21. Dalibor's rating of the film Fanny and Alexander (Television Version)

Drama/horror/comedy/horror/drama/comedy, with an ocean of riches underneath. This, ladies and gents, is how a film director leaves the stage.

22. teresa romã's rating of the film Fanny and Alexander (Television Version)

23. Esteban Montes's rating of the film Fanny and Alexander (Television Version)

24. Luis Eduardo Arenas Gómez's rating of the film Fanny and Alexander (Television Version)

Mágica, risueña, entrañable, brillante, traviesa, positiva, arroyadora, divertida, optimista, tierna, sensible, espontánea, inteligente, sencilla, compleja, original, diferente, onírica, musical, bella, golosa, limpia, apetitosa, graciosa, coherente, bohemia, esperpéntica, visual, completa, colorista, amena, prodigiosa, instructiva, fuerte, pragmática, idealista, envidiable, transgresora.