1. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Fantasia/2000

Stravinsky's Firebird sequence was masterfully beautiful by how it was animated, though it took Disney an awful long time to do this episode in Fantasia because they were at first interested but had trouble finding ideas on making it (so went to The Rite of Spring) back then. Carnival of the Animals & Fifth Symphony were also good, too. About time for me to revisit this soon, haven't seen it in ages but still good.

2. SlavicaSkoric's rating of the film Fantasia/2000

Cringe on too many levels. Loved the elk and the Firebird in the final sequence though.

3. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Fantasia/2000

Honours the spirit of the original by walking that same fascinating tightrope between high art and high kitsch. There's nothing quite as beautiful nor as kitschy as the 'Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy' section from the original, but the Stravinski section that borrows from 'Princess Mononoke' is pretty wondrous and the interpretation of 'Rhapsody in Blue' is charming and fun.

4. VincentVendetta's rating of the film Fantasia/2000

Intended as a loving tribute to its classical period and a continuation of the Fantasia idea, it only serves to show how little imagination and mastery there was in the so-called "Disney Renaissance" of the 1990s. The inclusion of the original's "Sorcerer's Apprentice" segment, which was 60 years old by the year 2000, just makes everything else look terrible by comparison.

5. Güven Şahinkanat's rating of the film Fantasia/2000

One of the best movies all animation history. For me rhapsody in blue part is classic short film. Because this song is associated with nyc , in some sequence we see gershwin while he was playing this song. Also style refers hirschfeld's drawings.it tells three people' story who wish for a better future in their life. At the same time I like flamingo parts too , there is no dialogue but this so funny for me.

6. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Fantasia/2000

7/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-1ZF

7. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film Fantasia/2000

Firebird Suite is all you need to see. http://vimeo.com/36277436

8. Gabriele Taddei's rating of the film Fantasia/2000

Questo film è parte integrante della mia visione del mondo, visto a soli 6 anni al cinema, rimasi talmente stupefatto da rivederlo svariate volte al cinema, per poi comprare la cassetta e consumarla, forse il primo è migliore, ma non posso che amare questo di più

9. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Fantasia/2000

Despite being very entertaining & beautiful, with not too many dull moments to be found, this continuation of Fantasia misses the risky go-for-broke animation skill & risk of the original. The most weakest part are the interludes, w/ guest stars that date the film & seem forced (as if everyone needs a chuckle before watching another artistic segment).

10. MostlyDead's rating of the film Fantasia/2000

Your mileage may vary on this one.

11. ramosbarajas's rating of the film Fantasia/2000

There are only a few of the shorts that are truly memorable. The last one from Stravinsky may be the only great one. It doesn't feel like a wholehearted effort, and the running time may be proof of that. They even had the inclusion of the Sorcerer's apprentice seems out of place. It's entertaining but not transcendental... the music if of course amazing.

12. Daniela's rating of the film Fantasia/2000

Can't help but be bored by these : /

13. MarcH's rating of the film Fantasia/2000

There is no warmth, no risk. It feels like a musical number at the Oscars...something hastily made, and reworked for maximum blandness. The most exciting moment?...when they reveal all the options that were considered and then rejected...ALL of them sound better than what made the final cut. I would love to have seen something as edgy as Bald Mountain...but no luck.

14. MGeo's rating of the film Fantasia/2000

Anybody who knows me, knows that Fantasia is in my Top 10 Favorite Films of All Time. I remember getting excited when I first heard about it. I saw this in 2000 during its initial release in big cities. I saw it on IMAX in NYC and was blown away. As time passed, my opinion of it went down and down. It is not as good as the original, but how many films are? It is an okay sequel, some segments are good, some are bad...

15. DoCarlo's rating of the film Fantasia/2000

Música y Fantasía o si quisiéramos La Fantasía de la Música. Inspiring!

16. Xurxo G Penalta's rating of the film Fantasia/2000

apparently the only experimental style comes with the firebird short, which openly borrows to from Japanese anime, specially miyazaki>which doesn't make it very experimental does it?>nor recognizable as a disney film>over the last 80 years most of those who've watched either the entire, or some parts, of 40s fantasia will remember it forever, the 2000s version is hard to recall after a weeks viewing.

17. adina's rating of the film Fantasia/2000

the firebird suite is one of animation's brightest moments. the gershwin sequence was great, too. the rest however, mehhhhhhhh

18. Border Radio's rating of the film Fantasia/2000

It amazes me how old handdrawn animation can be so charming whereas old CGI just looks laughable. Particularly in this context. I did quite like the Gershwin segment though.

19. floserber's rating of the film Fantasia/2000

The Firebird Suite is the only interesting part of this film; a really beautiful and magic animation, excellent. Most of the other parts are polluted with ugly cg looking terribly ugly nowadays.

20. Phil Worfel's rating of the film Fantasia/2000

I'm fond of this despite my many objections. The Firebird Suite is beautiful and the Pines of Rome sequence still gets me choked up. Still barely a shadow of its predecessor. Terrible intros really brought the piece down.