1. Trevor L. Charles's rating of the film Fantastic Planet

I saw this as a kid. I stayed up to see Andy Kaufman on Fridays. But, this came on instead, and it left an impression.

2. Arf's rating of the film Fantastic Planet

3. bunkbedd's rating of the film Fantastic Planet

I'd be surprised if Junji Ito is not at least slightly inspired by this piece. The art style and the vibe are very similar. Not that I mind, both are A+

4. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Fantastic Planet

5. r u f o's rating of the film Fantastic Planet

6. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Fantastic Planet

One really surreal and gorgeously animated film!

7. luís debonoir's rating of the film Fantastic Planet

8. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Fantastic Planet

The craziest, most whacked out cartoon I’ve probably ever seen, and I’ve seen some weird shit in my time. The morality type stuff is interesting too, but it’s all about that imagination detonated.

9. Aardsy's rating of the film Fantastic Planet

10. Solowis's rating of the film Fantastic Planet

Watched this film a couple years ago on the afterglow of a mushroom trip. My relationship with my pets was never the same

11. Uriel's rating of the film Fantastic Planet

12. ronny's rating of the film Fantastic Planet

Jonathan Swift on French acid. love the visual style but the film as a whole left me yawning at times.

13. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film Fantastic Planet

The plot is often rushed, and it has a tendency (as a number of science-fiction films do) to devote too much time to pointless, unusual sequences. But, when its focused, its quite the thought-provoking story and hypnotic experience. While the animation shows its economies, the beauty and power it creates within those limits is extraordinary. Honestly, it fell just short of four stars for me.

14. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Fantastic Planet

15. Samuel Wells's rating of the film Fantastic Planet

The animation style is fresh and the world depicted is lush with strange things that keep each moment full of eye candy. The film does not shy away from difficult philosophical questions, having characters delve into both sides. The writing is thoughtful for sure. The film loses me in some of the nonchalance of cruelty of the "Oms". It made some scenes eerie, I ought to credit it as well, but it went too far for me.

16. Hao Wang's rating of the film Fantastic Planet

Trippy film. an interesting take on animation.

17. Paola Solari's rating of the film Fantastic Planet

Fantastic Planet is psychedelic and very surrealistic animated film. Thoroughly haunting and trippy, this film was a great treat as a science fiction and fantasy fan. The political undertones were also very much appreciated. It felt appropriate to watch this film in today's political climate. I also loved the music in the movie, it provided great ambience. In terms of the animation, it was very rudimentary.

18. RadricDavis's rating of the film Fantastic Planet

19. ughchenausea's rating of the film Fantastic Planet

20. John's rating of the film Fantastic Planet

Love the soundtrack and the beautiful, calm, fantastically orginal art.

21. Laura O'Brien's rating of the film Fantastic Planet

Giant aliens called Draags keep humans (who are called “Oms”) as pets in Laloux’s animated sci-fi film Fantastic Planet. Captivity is torturous to the beloved pet Oms; but Draags underestimate the Oms’ intelligence and ignore the Oms’ suffering. Extermination of feral Oms closely resembles the inhumane ways that humans exterminate “vermin”. The audience is left to examine humanity’s relationship with animals.

22. Anthony Dewar's rating of the film Fantastic Planet

Fantastic Planet is a timeless French science fiction animation that is filled with pleasing psychedelic imagery and relevant social-political undertones for all ages to enjoy. Throughout the film, themes of inequality, education, and revolution are put into perspective using an analogical scenario of an alien world struggling with similar issues as humans on earth.

23. Alec Kissoondyal's rating of the film Fantastic Planet

Fantastic planet is a strange yet engaging film that captures the viewers attention from the first few moments, and continues to intrigue and captivate as the film takes the viewer further and further down the proverbial rabbit hole. The story is sad yet charming, and the animation is wonderfully so captivatingly strange that it would make even the most jaded surrealist painter raise an eye brow at certain points.

24. johnfmorton's rating of the film Fantastic Planet

Sorry, Fantastic Planet, I'm just not that into you, but it seems like the film makers probably enjoyed themselves.