1. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Fantômas

La historia de un bandido que siempre guarda una carta bajo la manga. Es también la historia de un perseguidor obsesionado, uno que va aprendiendo y poniendo en práctica el modus operandi de su némesis. Una historia sobre personajes que roban identidades. Es como si compitieran entre ellos, quién es más hábil que el otro. Pero el bandido siempre está por delante. Ingenioso final. Y por cierto, un filme muy violento.

2. JM M----'s rating of the film Fantômas

A wild ride. This proto-television series would be interesting enough just for it's affect on 20th-century art world. I couldn't get Breaking Bad, Mad Men, True Detective etc. out of my head while watching this, there is a great power behind serials that I don't think enough people exploit.

3. Log Lady's rating of the film Fantômas

Visually magnificent, and the score gives a sharp edge to the stories. Watching the events unfold is a joy, because Feuillade knows how to grab the viewer. Fantômas is a great mastermind, so I wouldn't mind seeing how others have adapted the concept.

4. MS1915's rating of the film Fantômas

Very innovative use of the medium, especially during this period.

5. Dale Wittig's rating of the film Fantômas

René Navarre stars as the master of disguise and plans within plans, Fantômas, under the masterful direction of Louis Feuillade, adapted from the popular novels of Marcel Allain and Pierre Souvestre, establishing the model for so many later super criminals of film, though none of those to follow would have so strong or lasting effect on cinema and our collective unconscious.

6. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Fantômas

Visually inventive but is a chore to watch as each episode unfolds at a leisurely pace which is its biggest flaw.

7. D/R/W's rating of the film Fantômas

Fun story, great characters and a thrilling score. All you could want out of a silent crime series

8. Tosh Berman's rating of the film Fantômas

I have both the French and British DVD of this film. Remarkable work on so many levels.