1. Joana Teixeira's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

2. El Biffo's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

If all you want is a period piece/love movie, this will do just fine, however I expect edgier stuff from the director of The Celebration. Perhaps it's just another case of an auteur selling out for commercial success.

3. swordofdoom's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

Bright, unpretentious, energetic and sweet. No faults - loved it.

4. Balthaz21's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

5. Vincent T's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

preparation for a kiss, not yet (camera angle). Too much attention and importance placed on a character and her story -> funny. I know I laughed when I saw Carey Mulligan sitting on a chair by herself at the Christmas party. Sorry just rambling notes I wrote before going to bed.

6. Emile Tremblay's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

7. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

This is not your usual chocolate box period drama

8. Dylan Vernall's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

9. patríciapinho's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

10. Patricia's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

Maybe I'm crazy... but I think she should have gone with the older gentleman, but the farmer had undying love for her too. Too bad that she had to realized her love after the mistake of what most girls do even in this area... fall for the bad boy... take note ladies !!

11. Tasha saraswati's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

AMAZING performance all around and great production value. Gotta love the scenery and Carey Mulligan is sho cute (as always).

12. - Caltiki -'s rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

13. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

14. Mr.Rager's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

"Far from the madding crowd's ignoble strife, Their sober wishes never learn'd to stray; Along the cool sequester'd vale of life. They kept the noiseless tenor of their way."

15. shelbywelldone's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

16. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

victorian period drama has never been my vibe but i loved it ! my enjoyment may have rested upon gabriels shoulders

17. Justwibi's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

okay. this movie is beautiful. the story is good enough, the performance is good too but i can't handle the stotryline and the over dramitc. too tired,

18. filmcapsule's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

It's really interesting to see Vinterberg tackle this genre, augmenting his probing handheld camerawork with stunning, painterly compositions. He's especially attuned to the colors and textures the period pastoral setting allows him, catching broad swaths of light across a spectrum of luminous colors. And Mulligan radiates such a magnetic presence that it's hard to resist.

19. etblikk's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

I'm in love with this couple, and all the great noses on ALL of the main male actors!

20. crnstsc's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

21. Thomas's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

A decent and faithful adaptation. Colourfully shot and not overly sentimental.

22. smndvdcl's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

23. Kristina Tamelytė's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

wondering when von Trier will do something like this

24. N. C.'s rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd