1. swordofdoom's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

why is everyone shouting 100% of the time. surprised to find myself saying it but the 2015 with Carey Mulligan is so much better. whatever really good parts from 67' version are not missed because Vinterberg rips them off literally and improves upon.

2. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

Not having read the book, I have no way of knowing whether this is a faithful adaptation. That said, it sure held me. THE CAST! Wonderful actors all. Rarely do you have a collection of such magnetic presences in one film.

3. Balthaz21's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

4. lina maj's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

I have some issues with Julie Christie. She is the same in every film, annoying.

5. Matthew Martens's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

Compared to Vinterberg's condensed version of last year, Schlesinger in '67 gave us the relative whole of the moor.

6. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

Much of what makes the film astounding is not its translation of Hardy's text into cinematic narrative, but the depiction of a rural lifestyle that hums with pastoral, primal beauty. Scenes on the farm & interactions between characters eating, drinking, enjoying life's simple pleasures, anticipates something of Pasolini & his trilogy of life. A hymn to the splendour of nature, colour, the drama of the changing light.

7. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

7/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-1Yd

8. Sơn Nguyễn's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

Want to like this, but I feel a little disapointed. There're some beautiful and memorable scene, like a painting. But the leading actress is miscast, the 3 hours long can't answer why her character's life went on like this.

9. redux's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

One of the two perfect Hardy adaptations.

10. msmichel's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

Strangely passionless adaptation of the classic Hardy novel that mainly fails to the miscasting of Julie Christie as Bathsheba. Long winded at near 3 hours this take is well shot (by N. Roeg) but often tedious and ill paced. Peter Finch is excellent here and Alan Bates is quite good but Stamp seems to fail to get under the skin of his character as well. What drives Christie's character is never evident. A misfire.

11. Sancar Seckiner's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061648/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_20 Çeviri de konuşuyor.

12. 849025's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

You will let me know when those lambs stop screaming, won't you?

13. FilmStillLives's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

the cast is wonderful. julie christie & alan bates really anchor the film's emotion & narrative trajectory, as expansive as it is. bates in particular incarnates his character's name, gabriel oak, in body & performance. terence stamp...otherworldly gorgeous & mesmerising.

14. lauli's rating of the film Far from the Madding Crowd

I really liked this film, maybe because I saw it right after finishing the book. I especially liked Alan Bates as Gabriel Oak; he really captures the essence of the character. Terence Stamp is great in it, too.