1. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Far from Vietnam

2. xrystyna's rating of the film Far from Vietnam

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Far from Vietnam

Important jalon du cinéma politique français qui s'articule sur deux parties, avec une introduction, commentant le sens de cette guerre, et une conclusion, qui stigmatise le combat entre les (pays) riches et les (pays) pauvres .... www.cinefiches.com

4. José Neves's rating of the film Far from Vietnam

Cinematography by Ghislain Cloquet, Jean Boffety Denys Clerval, Willy Kurant, Alain Levent and Bernard Zitzermann.

5. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Far from Vietnam

The Joris Ivens material (I think!) was priceless, revealing-- especially when juxtaposed to the images of protests in NYC.

6. Rice Dream Girl's rating of the film Far from Vietnam

The best art is transformative. It enlightens our shared humanity and makes us better, more compassionate. The best art is born of necessity. All this can be said of Far From Vietnam. It does more than delve into the Vietnam War; it ties it to other conflicts less prominent in the public consciousness, and it asks important questions about the place of peace activism. Powerful, essential cinema.

7. ShawnD's rating of the film Far from Vietnam

An engaging if biased time capsule.

8. JoeBradford's rating of the film Far from Vietnam

Why didn't they show me this film in History class?

9. 5000yearoldbogmummy//Rhett's rating of the film Far from Vietnam

A remarkable expression of political substance with aesthetic inventiveness. An urgent cry to all living comfortably in the West.

10. David R Williams's rating of the film Far from Vietnam

At the height of her powers the US stumbled into the Korean War like one of the idiot giants from Attack on Titan. Having not learned her lesson there she crashed and burned in Vietnam...and has continued to crash and burn across the globe ever since leaving cities in ruins, hundreds of thousands of innocents dead and the world a pubic hair from total all out war. Watch the "Parade" sequence if you want to see ugly.

11. Matt Piland's rating of the film Far from Vietnam

Thus far, the most provocative and necessary anti-war doc I've ever seen. I especially like the segment featuring Norman Morrison's widow, Anne Welsh, talking about how his self-immolation impacted the American people in such a grand way.

12. Myles's rating of the film Far from Vietnam

Vivid and challenging demonstration of the caméra-stylo at work for revolutionary ends. I'm a fat capitalist shit, but I didn't find the 'red' edge counterproductive. Successful documentaries like this distance themselves from any claim that they've assembled a coherent reality; instead, the emotional effect of the edited found footage allows us to draw more complex conclusions than those managed by its subjects.

13. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Far from Vietnam

Rich and insightful to things many commercial productions have missed/avoided on the subject.

14. Hannah Lindstrom's rating of the film Far from Vietnam

How the war is portrayed in US pop culture (think Forest Gump) is so 1-D, & imo focuses + on US Vets and protests > facts or footage of its impact on the Vietnamese people. This doc w/ int'l perspective humanized it 4 me, and has curbed ignorant hawkish tendencies. I'm urged 2 rethink US response to I.S. Some perspectives of the film makers were interesting in how they have devolved today, ex: support 4 Castro regime

15. Jimbrowski's rating of the film Far from Vietnam

Brilliant! This stands next to Hearts and Minds as one of the key anti-Vietnam war films.

16. jamesey's rating of the film Far from Vietnam

The footage is amazing. The bias got old quick.

17. ukc's rating of the film Far from Vietnam

Superb montage of Godard's obsessions: class struggle, capitalism, etc., so well crafted, seemingly from a lot of existing footage. Strong political view, but certain parts show the ambiguity of the situation.

18. Zac Weber's rating of the film Far from Vietnam

Far From Vietnam is an agonizing and vivid artifact of history. At its best, William Klein's documentary footage of demonstrations in New York is both moving and eerily reminiscent of misguided, modern day attacks against the anti-war left. On the other hand, I found Jean-Luc Godard's segment imprudent and utterly self-serving.

19. Ben Loory's rating of the film Far from Vietnam

man, could godard possibly be more irritating? "and now we interrupt this documentary to bring you a little film about MEEEEEE!!" what a dork. otherwise though, pretty great movie. and not even quite as soul-crushing as you might expect.

20. bodhishin's rating of the film Far from Vietnam

Very candid, with a much wider perspective of issues presented. Though it leans heavily against the Vietnam War, it's argument does bring up more of the complex issues surrounding the conflict. It also reflects quite presciently the consequences of U.S. politics towards going to war.

21. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film Far from Vietnam

The documentary footage is the reason to see it. The destruction of a nation of peasants by the US military is one of the 20th century's great crimes. The two longueurs come from fictional business awkwardly inserted: Resnais' writer-at-odds-with-himself monologue reminds one how dull French intellectuals are, then Godard's typically foolish and self-indulgent stretch reminds one what a lousy filmmaker the man is.

22. Isabella Cohen's rating of the film Far from Vietnam

Superb. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Joris Ivens was a part of this.

23. ionosonde's rating of the film Far from Vietnam

a film that flips back and forth from solidarity and frustration to westerners whining about how the war in vietnam makes them feel bad. the opening is very solid -- something like "the question american involvement in vietnam asks is if a rich country is allowed to exist in a way that doesn't benefit a poor country. america is trying to prove the answer is no." i'm stoked that this movie managed to exist.

24. JD Tastad's rating of the film Far from Vietnam

how to get away with murder