1. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film Faraway, So Close!

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Faraway, So Close!

Prétentieux, phraseur, pompeux ! www.cinefiches.com

3. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Faraway, So Close!

You can't recreate the magic of the original. The original didn't have a lot of plot because it's a love story. This is filled with plot, with good guys and bad guys and guns and pointless kidnapping with some circus routines. All of it very contrived. And they throw in Lou Reed for some random reason. But it was sure nice seeing Nastassja Kinski.

4. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film Faraway, So Close!

Less poetic, less deep, less magnificent in its cinematography than the previous one. Still an enjoyable ride with a nice message about good and evil in the world. Hard not to be sympathetic with all the mess putted forward by a good heart clumsy angel trying to reach his good deeds.

5. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film Faraway, So Close!

Different from Wings of Desire but I feel it reflects the change in Berlin after the wall came down.

6. Tom Cottey's rating of the film Faraway, So Close!

Not quite Wings of Desire, but still beautiful in it's own right. Nastassja Kinski, Peter Falk, Bruno Ganz, Willem Dafoe, Otto Sander, Mikhail Gorbachev appear and Lou Reed turns up to perform (as Nick Cave did in Wings.) As good a sequel as one could hope for to such an idiosyncratic original.

7. Joel's rating of the film Faraway, So Close!

I found the first half of the film compelling and if not exceeding at least equal to some of the most moving sequences from it's predecessor. By the end the film somewhat gives in to a sillyness that takes away from the poetic pacing of the outset. Still an elegant work of great power.

8. Arctvrvs's rating of the film Faraway, So Close!

pretty damn bad, especially watching it immediately after the first

9. Sadhaka's rating of the film Faraway, So Close!

10. PrincessofNevermore797's rating of the film Faraway, So Close!

11. Slowart's rating of the film Faraway, So Close!

a messy slapstick comedy with a rivettesque touch, the only thing to enjoy here is fantastic casting, especially heinz rühmann, a favourite actor of Hitler and Anne Frank, in his last role, whose barely recognizable aged face is a film in itself

12. Eleni Ashton's rating of the film Faraway, So Close!

Any chance to revisit these wonderful characters was welcomed by me. This is far from being one of Wenders worst films.

13. Joe Bowman's rating of the film Faraway, So Close!

Wenders' worst films do not stand far ahead of many people's bests. This is a treasure compared to most of the narrative films he's done since.

14. Dzimas's rating of the film Faraway, So Close!

While not as deep emotionally as Wings of Desire, I liked this movie very much. Nice to see Wenders take a more comic approach the second time around.

15. Salem Kapsaski's rating of the film Faraway, So Close!

I’m saddened to see all the low ratings for this poetic, funny and truly beautiful film. I know I’m in the minority with this one but I actually prefer it to Wings of Desire and could easily compile a list of 100 favourite moments. The late Heinz Rühmann gives a wonderful and heart-breaking performance. (5/5)