1. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Farewell, My Queen

6.4/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2Ez

2. Cependant's rating of the film Farewell, My Queen

3. yasdnil's rating of the film Farewell, My Queen

I'm a sucker for anything Marie Antoinette related, so naturally I enjoyed this film. It was interesting to get a new perspective of this point of the Revolution, and Seydoux was as charming as ever. But, like another user stated, the film ended a little too soon.

4. melancolia's rating of the film Farewell, My Queen

Diane Kruger's Marie-Antoinette took me by surprise.

5. redux's rating of the film Farewell, My Queen

Surprisingly good. A perfect companion piece to Rohmer's 'The Lady and the Duke'.

6. spiderliliez's rating of the film Farewell, My Queen

Marie Antoinette and her queer fascination of a woman while being Queen of France is a sell-out. "Farewell, My Queen" puts the perpective on the monarch's reader, Sidonie (Léa Seydoux) who adores her queen (Diane Kruger). It's an interesting look of Marie Antoinette's private life, though I have to say, the story stops before it got better.

7. Raluca Elena Covaci's rating of the film Farewell, My Queen

Remarkable details in the capture both of the royals and servants (from embroideries to rats). Allthough history doesn't exactly feel sympathy for Marie Antoinette, this movie managed to instill this feeling in me. Léa Seydoux is a ravishingly beautiful commoner in this film and probably the next international French star.

8. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Farewell, My Queen

The light was used in a very attractive way and the dialogues were smart enough to make the typical gossips work fine. http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.com/

9. msmichel's rating of the film Farewell, My Queen

Technically a marvel capturing the chaos of the final days at Versailles; the camerawork by dp Romain Winding is extraordinary and Jacquots' direction well captures the adsurdity of court life even as the system crumbles around them. The film concentrates on the adoration of Marie Antoinette's lectrice (reader) for her Queen whose whims and moods keep a beehive of activity around her. Seydoux and Kruger exceptional.

10. jenifferp's rating of the film Farewell, My Queen

11. joaomoita's rating of the film Farewell, My Queen

12. VENIMOS LOS JODIMOS Y NOS FUIMOS's rating of the film Farewell, My Queen

Una fastuosa producción de época (sobre el trágico destino de María Antonieta y los inicios de la revolución francesa) que reúna en una sola película a Virginie Ledoyen, Diane Kruger y Léa Seydoux (la fría asesina a sueldo de Misión Imposible 4), sencillamente no puede tener desperdicio.

13. Matt Richards's rating of the film Farewell, My Queen

Quite an interesting look at beauty, loyalty and seduction at the beginning of the French revolution. Léa Seydoux, consistently good, puts in another solid performance as Marie Antoinette's reader in this well plotted and subtle period piece that relies more on the relationships than it does on setting to reveal it's story. 3.5 stars

14. AnaRui's rating of the film Farewell, My Queen

Such a beautiful film. The fact that it was so "visually pure" contrasted with the messiness of the story. For all the rats in the water you still wanted to touch it, for all the corruption of some characters you still wanted them to show up.

15. Daniella's rating of the film Farewell, My Queen

I really wanted to like this one but although I found it visually beautiful and well written, it is very irregular from beginning to end. Excellent acting from Léa Seydoux.

16. Sefer Taslı Sapık's rating of the film Farewell, My Queen

Ekmek bulamazlarsa Sidonie yesinler.

17. Banes's rating of the film Farewell, My Queen

so much beauty that's hard to read the subtitles

18. Jorge Mourinha's rating of the film Farewell, My Queen

Looks like: "Upstairs Downstairs" in the last days of Marie Antoinette. Is: ravishingly subversive study of political and personal period female dynamics. Win-win.

19. Vicky's rating of the film Farewell, My Queen

Loved it. Seydoux's performance was revelatory. I enjoyed how the frenzied camera movement communicated Sidonie's adolescent nervousness as well as the hectic lives of the servants at Versailles (which contrasts otherwise sweeping camera movements). Some scenes were very dreamlike, and there was something very ghostly and oneiric to the image of those people walking about dark Versailles corridors with lit candles.

20. Pierre Yves's rating of the film Farewell, My Queen

«Les pleureurs sans larmes de cet enterrement sans convoi funèbre.»