1. msmichel's rating of the film Fargo

Essential cinema. The Coen Brothers usual mix of dark comedy, bloodshed and the macabre reached an early crescendo with this enthralling pleasure. Oscar winning scripting and near perfect casting along with their standard visual mastery have made this a modern classic. McDormand in her Oscar winning turn is magic as is the rest of the cast with their regional characterizations.

2. F/K's rating of the film Fargo

A very quirky and offbeat thriller typical of the Coen Brothers

3. Beril's rating of the film Fargo

"So, that was Mrs. Lundegaard on the floor in there. And I guess that was your accomplice in the wood chipper. And those three people in Brainerd. And for what? For a little bit of money? There's more to life than a little money, you know. Don'tcha know that? And here ya are, and it's a beautiful day. Well. I just don't understand it."

4. Fré Verguchten's rating of the film Fargo

5. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Fargo

The Coens flirt with not being nihilists. This was made when the brothers were still exacting regionalists and the flat, snow-covered Minnesotan landscapes seem at once to reflect the flattened moral terrain of the films' villains and offer an unblemished canvas upon which sin is marked. 'For a little bit of money' is a reductive view of crime and its causes, but the film makes a good case for pragmatic optimism.

6. Malik Dowdy's rating of the film Fargo

Couldn't decipher what direction it wanted to go.

7. kartina obskura's rating of the film Fargo

8. Azizi Al Majid's rating of the film Fargo

absurdist movie, there is still hope!

9. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Fargo

10. Hippie Anime Trash's rating of the film Fargo

Complete crap. What's the fuss seriously...

11. viola mombe's rating of the film Fargo

12. Poor Margo's rating of the film Fargo

Coen teaching us cinematography

13. stopyunn's rating of the film Fargo

ya ya, oh ya? oh ya, bet ya, ya

14. Freakyfilm's rating of the film Fargo

15. Stefan Stefan's rating of the film Fargo

16. Jason's rating of the film Fargo

The screenplay is one of the finest pieces of American writing of the twentieth century. At that's just for starters.

17. Renton47's rating of the film Fargo

While I do think the film is a success in its observation of a certain violent banality, I also think its legacy is one of the banality of entertainment. To wit, that certain regionalisms be denigrated as barbaric 'decency', that a fairly unphased officer is proffered as one of cinema's finest heroes, and that the above is treated with profundity. My feelings for this film could be deemed 'laughter + guilt'.

18. Mr. Manna Bigger's rating of the film Fargo

This movie is amazing. The mediocrity of the characters contributes to mix up the cocept of good and evil. For me, the Coen's greatness stands in their ability to show the ambiguity of this world. 5S

19. hemachandra's rating of the film Fargo

20. Paul Relf's rating of the film Fargo

21. amysimpson's rating of the film Fargo

cannot believe its taken me 17 years to see this goddamn film

22. Ace Sollestre's rating of the film Fargo

23. corycorycorycory's rating of the film Fargo

I've been chasing down my childhood, and it's been answering a lot of questions.

24. Mariana Mara Nascimento's rating of the film Fargo