1. mubianer's rating of the film Fassbinder: To Love Without Demands

I once saw Braad Thomsen starting to cry because of Fassbinder's early death when he introduced a film by him, so I know this is a personal subject to him. I enjoyed some of the interviews and Fassbinder on set directing. But I missed more about how the times he lived in shaped him.

2. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film Fassbinder: To Love Without Demands

deeply heartfelt and premeditated; that Rainer's look on his face when saying "I'm going to the movies!" is timeless

3. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Fassbinder: To Love Without Demands

4. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Fassbinder: To Love Without Demands

5. Tom Cottey's rating of the film Fassbinder: To Love Without Demands

3.5 A portrait that is a mix of the personal and the intellectual from Christian Braad Thomsen. A film that certainly engages with Fassbinder in a strong and direct fashion, but one that also feels somewhat old fashioned; therefore it may alienate younger audiences interested in the master auteur of the New German Cinema. Great archive of RWF and strong new interviews with Irm Hermann & Harry Baer.

6. wdrazo's rating of the film Fassbinder: To Love Without Demands

What's it all about, Rainier? Saw the US premiere at Frameline 39 in the Castro Theatre, San Francisco. Exploring who RWF was and how he came to be, director Thomsen shows us a very intimate portrait of a man driven by the need to change the world as it is.