1. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Father and Son

3. astygianelysium's rating of the film Father and Son

?????????!!!!!!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Father and Son

5. Joel's rating of the film Father and Son

Unlike Mother & Son I found this film less cinematically compelling and spent more of the film attempting to disect the narrative, and what sort of conclusions I was to make of it. Strange, dream-like but not my favourite from Sokurov.

6. Susana Bessa's rating of the film Father and Son

Love Sokurov, but this one I just can't handle. It's too much. Just too tiresome, too everything.

7. sónia fialho's rating of the film Father and Son

"O amor de um pai crucifica. Um filho amoroso deixa-se ser crucificado"

8. David M.K.'s rating of the film Father and Son

Maybe the most unbearable film I have ever borne.

9. PABS's rating of the film Father and Son

Ugh... Creepy, as well as tedious in the extreme. On the other hand, "Mother and Son" is superb.

10. Aram's rating of the film Father and Son

11. Narrante's rating of the film Father and Son

Sokurov does it again, painting in a dreamlike St. Petersburg a moving art-piece in which the relationship between the two characters trascends the rules of ordinary love. To me, the homosexual ambiguity conveys power and - yes - sweetness to the emotional palette. And the visual work is stunning.

12. Irreversible93's rating of the film Father and Son

Interesting film that I feel could be more effective and telling if it was a little less open-ended and a bit more captivating. I wanted to like this film as much as I hear so many others do, but I got bored with it fast, and ended it being slightly confused and not caring enough to look further. However, I respect the undertones of the film,and it is memorable, even though it sometimes could barely hold my attention

13. lady_lazarus's rating of the film Father and Son

its strange why people ever saw even a tint of homoeroticism in this movie? it was a beautiful depiction of a misunderstood relationship.

14. chanandre's rating of the film Father and Son

[Cinémathèque PT #86: 35 mm]

15. Roscoe's rating of the film Father and Son

An extremely strange film. The synopsis above is pretty well accurate, hinting at the film's homo-eroticism. There's no explicitly gay content, but lots of well-built men standing around looking really good as they discuss matters of great import to them but not to this audience member. Ultimately it comes off like a bizarro combination of Andrei Tarkovsky and Abercrombie & Fitch.