1. Pelin Şahin's rating of the film Faust

Faust: How comes it then that thou art now out of hell with me?

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Faust

Quelques longueurs pour un filmage correct et une chute des plus sympathiques. www.cinefiches.com

3. Malt Frisky's rating of the film Faust

It's a surreal 4th wall break when real life and theatre begin to bizarrely merge and Faust ends up becoming part of the theatre production by accident and a mere puppet on a string by the end. And it's a clever film that ties up the loose ends and comes full circle by the end. Švankmajer techniques are all at work here but because of the story being told the grotesque stop animation fits in perfectly with the film.

4. Jack Joseph Kahn's rating of the film Faust

5. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Faust

Rewatching found it far more melancholy and disquieting than I had remembered. Poor old everyman Faust is really put through the ringer and his complacency demands it! We are stubborn, stupid creatures perpetually caught between a rock and a hard place of our own creation. Moderately less slavering than most Švankmajer - almost giving epistemology precedence over ontology, even. I love the structured psychogeography.

6. James Mackin's rating of the film Faust

It's basically about a dude who has stage fright, and makes a deal with the devil so he doesn't have to go on stage, but can live the life of his character that he was supposed to portray. And the devil is Jan Švankmajer.

7. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Faust

8. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Faust

Decisamente da vedere. Ben fatto e congegnato, originale, ben reinterpretato e quasi mai noioso. Diventa sempre più surreale senza mai scadere nel ridicolo, le uniche cose che lo spettatore deve riuscire a superare sono l'introduzione, ve ne accorgerete, e alcune scene di dubbia qualità cinematografica. Consigliatissimo.

9. Alex Fernandej's rating of the film Faust

10. Jack Hoehn's rating of the film Faust

I may have issues with Svankmajer's interpretation of the material, but his commitment goes a long way

11. etilen's rating of the film Faust

Faust: How comes it then that thou art now out of hell with me?

12. nino nino's rating of the film Faust

some of the most memorable imagery I've seen in a film.

13. games's rating of the film Faust

it really is disturbing

14. Taylan Sonsaat's rating of the film Faust

Jan Svankmajer found the most possible way to directing Gothe's classic and epic story, Lesson Faust.

15. Kareem Soenharjo's rating of the film Faust

this is just epic. it is disturbing yet funny in a way

16. tony's rating of the film Faust

love the special effects for this one, too funny!

17. Valentina Mella's rating of the film Faust

18. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film Faust

19. David's rating of the film Faust

This was a movie about Faust, a man that sold his soul and now is forever lost. Being a film about everlasting separation from God, is somehow hilarious, disturbing and really odd.

20. Frankly, Mr. Shankly's rating of the film Faust

I could say anything about how utterly brilliant and disturbingly imaginative this movie is, but: those fucking heads rolling!

21. Joseph S's rating of the film Faust

Worth seeing--about the best low-tech art movie imaginable. But be prepared. This movie is visually and aurally disturbing. The kind of film that could give adults nightmares. Released in '94, the production values are mostly on par for this kind of film, but the outside shots are dingy. Far better than Little Otik, which is incredibly overrated--a TV movie compared to this.

22. janveneziani's rating of the film Faust

Engraçado, perturbador, assustador... A história de Fausto contada da forma mais sinistra e hilária.

23. Fevz's rating of the film Faust

Odličen film, kjer se pokaže mojstrska igra z lutkami in igranje z hudičem.

24. Flavia Cioceanu's rating of the film Faust

It's absolutely great! Fun and dense, great characters!