1. Lucas Granero's rating of the film Favourites of the Moon

A lleva a B y B lleva a C que se encuentra con D quien al mismo tiempo está relacionado con A quien se enreda con E quien está casado con C y asi hasta aplacar toda ecuación posible de relaciones: si la comedia es, en algún punto, matemática pura, la de Iosseliani es una demente, hecha de casualidades causales, de coreografías urbanas, de cosas que chocan, se caen, se rompen, se intercambian y finalmente hacen ¡boom!

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Favourites of the Moon

Un film qui ne se résume pas, qui ne peut se raconter dans ses mille miettes de bonheur et de vécu et qui s'adresse essentiellement à l'intelligence du coeur et à l'acuité nonchalante de la sensibilité, comme la plupart des œuvres du cinéaste... www.cinefiches.com

3. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Favourites of the Moon

It's an anarchical comedy about the interrelationships of the various people who come in contact with a painting and some valuable china. I really enjoy his sense of the absurd, and the choreography of human traffic. As much as I would like it to be true, the quote at the beginning of the movie is not from Shakespeare. Just another one of his tricks, though the quote is quite apt.

4. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film Favourites of the Moon

The sort of sauntering plotless thing Iosseliani specializes in, with humor so dry most folk would never suspect it's a comedy, is a tough act to pull off and can fall terribly flat. I appreciate the director's love for loafers and derelicts, and am not unsympathetic to his view that modern life is shallow and absurd, so pour me another drink!, and I enjoy his particular flow. This just flowed right on over me.

5. Jason's rating of the film Favourites of the Moon

Every work of art is created by a population for a population, a little bit outside of history. (I should add that in Iosseliani it is only animals that are genuine witnesses to history.)

6. nrh's rating of the film Favourites of the Moon

at the highest level of comedy, precision and despair, a nice tightrope to walk on.

7. chanandre's rating of the film Favourites of the Moon

[Cinémathèque PT #303: 35 mm]

8. Movieyana's rating of the film Favourites of the Moon

This is a brilliant parable! Everyone run to watch it if you can!