1. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Fe26

Like the Jodie Mack shown yesterday ('Something Between Us'), this has a mysterious poetry that is more than a sum of its parts, and that comes from a mysterious place, in this case seemingly from outside the frame, somewhere behind us, underneath us. Both have edits that seem unusual to me, and the mystery maybe slips in through the gap between each shot? I hope we see more Everson here soon. Several in a row, plz!

2. Dory Bakiewicz Ehmer's rating of the film Fe26

3. Anton's rating of the film Fe26

Too short to provide any serious exploration of the subject.

4. mpho3's rating of the film Fe26

Mustard seed size kernel of an idea for a riveting full-length doc

5. The Boreal Chorus's rating of the film Fe26

A look at the brewing American dystopia from the flip side. The mismatched sound and action were perfect. It almost took on a dream-like quality, that is, a real dream. Not some surrealistic effect.

6. El Biffo's rating of the film Fe26

Taken alone, at a brief 7 minutes FE26 may seem superficial, but this short film is part of a very large body of work that also includes Park Lanes, which shows a full 8-hour work shift in real time. Collectively, the films of Kevin James Everson are an impressive study of contemporary, working-class African-American life. My rating for FE26 is in the context of this larger body of work.

7. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Fe26

When I read the director's introduction of his film, the film has made more sense for me.

8. Shawn Spitler's rating of the film Fe26

I find rating this title rather difficult. I know all to well how difficult it is to procure a film camera in the middle of Ohio. The fact that this story was filmed at all is a tiny miracle. However, it didn't move or impact me in any way.

9. muse_x's rating of the film Fe26

I can understand them going after copper piping, but, manhole covers? that's ghetto as fuck! Trump could use enterprising men such as these. & oh, yeah, subtitles woulda helped.

10. runfromfire's rating of the film Fe26

Good for the short-form that it was but man, it could've been so much more effective as a feature length doc.

11. turnerBroadcast p3Dr0's rating of the film Fe26

Effective, to the point, but a little off the mark.

12. captainfez's rating of the film Fe26

13. Neil troost's rating of the film Fe26

great. a new kind of crime. pull your f-ing pants up. and get a life.

14. Daniella Sorrentino's rating of the film Fe26

Someone mentioned this was part of a series? I found it to be a compelling beginning....

15. David R Williams's rating of the film Fe26

I don't have much problem with them taking copper and other metals from long abandoned houses that are going to be torched soon enough or bulldozed by the city, but removing those manhole covers...what if some child fell into one of those holes or some car tire? People could be seriously hurt even killed. No amount of self-justification can excuse that. Fascinating film for all that - a taste of street reality.

16. Barry Dever's rating of the film Fe26

This short film brings up the issue of lower-class citizens stealing copper as their main source of income, but does little with it. The men explain that they do not regret being thieves because it is the only way they can take care of themselves and their families. Even though this is a short film, there could have been more depth into why they would need to be theives. Overall, it stays on the surface of the issue.

17. Samuel Wells's rating of the film Fe26

From the title alone, you can tell that this film is not simply functioning on a surface level. Everson wants the viewer to think critically and search for the answers. But the touch to this film does not end there, he shows how any story is worth knowing, especially when it is delivered the right way. The short is detached, but this is for a reason. Though it did not personally touch me, it drives me to dig deeper.

18. 2multo's rating of the film Fe26

This narrative's raw storytelling works on many levels. Most poignant is capturing lives of people many do not know or care to know. This film need for nothing.

19. Ghostman's rating of the film Fe26

a fascinating short that is real af in its depiction of urban decay. Where do I find more of this?

20. Scienceofphantoms's rating of the film Fe26

21. Madeline Mckinzie's rating of the film Fe26

This movie was very insightful of the aspect of a lifestyle that we, as movie watchers, almost never get to see. Kevin Jerome Everson did a great job with fitting a sufficient amount of content within the seven minutes of the film, without having to skip over the essential details. I would have a loved to know a little more about the background of the two main characters, but nevertheless this was a great film.

22. PJ's rating of the film Fe26

23. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Fe26

(2.5 stars) A couple of small time hustlers stealing metal. Would have been interested in more of the story. Not particularly well shot unfortunately. Mildly intriguing.

24. Ryan Swen's rating of the film Fe26

Elliptical but encompassing portrait of life on the streets, with some fantastically strange work with sound.