1. ExperimentoFilm's rating of the film Fear

The last 45 seconds are total shit though.

2. Stevie's rating of the film Fear

A very good examination of a marriage in ruins and the psychological attempts to gain the upper hand. The Rossellini/Bergman collaboration has to be one of the greatest in cinema history.

3. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Fear

always hard to admit your lies to the ones you love most.

4. Endre's rating of the film Fear

Until a more 'complete' version is available (the one I saw was 71 min), I choose to 'see through' the incompleteness and some banal elements at the end, and be very touched by this perceptive piece where empathy vacillatingly floats between people and even into things themselves.

5. Anaïs L.'s rating of the film Fear

Voyage en Italie + Europe 51 + le deuil des derniers films avec Bergman

6. João Eça's rating of the film Fear

I only watched six movies by Rossellini and five of them were pure shit: I'm refering to "The Taking of Power By Louis XIV", "Rome Open City", "Germania Ano Zero", "Joan of Arc at the Stake" and this one, "Fear". The other one was "Voyage to Italy", which is interesting only as a curiosity (the first essay film?) because it isn't really that good. I now consider Rossellini to be the most overrated director ever.

7. Scott Barley's rating of the film Fear

A visually pleasing albeit flawed film. There are enough beautiful images in the film (Ingrid Bergman driving the car in the rain stands out for me) for one to almost ignore these flaws.

8. Anton Williams's rating of the film Fear

Somewhere between Italian neorealism and gloomy film noir