1. Natasha Angashanova's rating of the film Fear and Trembling

2. choupinet's rating of the film Fear and Trembling

I'd still go to Japan if I were offered a job in a crazy Japanese corporation.

3. Cependant's rating of the film Fear and Trembling

Désillusion occidentale.

4. hellobonjour's rating of the film Fear and Trembling

I ask myself, how much did they augment the stereotypes to appeal to western audiences?

5. El Biffo's rating of the film Fear and Trembling

Japanese office torture. Exquisite, sadistic, hilarious.

6. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Fear and Trembling

Sylvie Testud wins my vote for Most Likely To Be A Reincarnation Of Buster Keaton. What a funny and touching po-faced performance. She embodies the East-West split like a keystone cop doing the splits with each foot on a different moving car. On a bumpy road. Porkpie hats off. She made me cry laughing.

7. mpho3's rating of the film Fear and Trembling

"As a child I wanted to become God, then Jesus, then conscious of my excessive ambition, I accepted becoming a martyr when I grew up. As an adult, I decided to be less of a megalomaniac ... but now there was no stopping the lightening speed of my downfall. ... from divinity to the restroom, what a voyage!" - Amélie

8. nothingfake.com's rating of the film Fear and Trembling

This isn't just a film about japan. It's a film about power relationships and how easy it is for fascism to sprout up. I found it deeply arresting as well as very funny in places .. most of all it made me think a lot. The script was fantastic. I recorded my thoughts on my film review blog, www.nothingfake.com -- feel free to check it out: http://www.nothingfake.com/#!I-JUST-WATCHED-Fear-And-Trembling/c2011/

9. robert's rating of the film Fear and Trembling

excellent meditation on cultural difference, charming, thoughtful, funny, poignant.

10. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film Fear and Trembling

But there really are people like this. Who want to be "Japanese," and submit to the torture chamber of a Japanese office job - not talking back, not making suggestions, not shouting, not quitting. But you can't be Japanese, and they'll let you know it every chance they get. The heroine toughs out a year of humiliation at the hands of local sadists lurking in cubicles to save herself losing face. Quel dommage!

11. Lorna Singh's rating of the film Fear and Trembling

I guess a film set in a large Japanese corporation would not be free of stereotypes,but why so many scenes to make us cringe? Excellent performance by Kaori Tsuji.

12. Equeco's rating of the film Fear and Trembling