1. mubianer's rating of the film Fear of Fear

One of my favourites from the BFI Fassbinder season. It has the feeling of litterature (and it's also based on a novel) in a good way.

2. knockkneed's rating of the film Fear of Fear

3. Blumes's rating of the film Fear of Fear

balanced and thrilling style. a dark humor in the actors' performances, no doubt explicitly encouraged by Fassbinder. The Leonard Cohen sequence was sublime.

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Fear of Fear

Un film tourne pour la télévision où l'on retrouve pourtant le style propre à Fassbinder et sa désespérante lucidité sur l'horreur des rapports familiaux... www.cinefiches.com

5. ermete polpette's rating of the film Fear of Fear

6. EdieEmm's rating of the film Fear of Fear

It's tempting to want to compare this to Cassavetes' Woman. It's certainly more taut & precise. But it's also less purely a social critique (though it is that), making it something else entirely. This is RWF's trademark deep-but-merciless objective empathy, unveiling the psychology* that even allows for that oppressive bourgeois normativity (see title). Caven is perfect as the ne plus ultra of valium-era victims.

7. richardlawrn's rating of the film Fear of Fear

Nothing not to love about it! The way she maintained her tenderness towards the daughter whilst starting to lose it was unexpected (but what ever happened to the baby?).I'm in love with the scene when she's on the floor listening to music, shut out, so unaware and serene... just enjoying herself.

8. marinos@agxivatein.com's rating of the film Fear of Fear

Another great one by the master...

9. milkfloat's rating of the film Fear of Fear

Another Fassbinder flick that proves he was a master in portraying loneliness.

10. Sarika Joglekar's rating of the film Fear of Fear

themes better developed in Martha & Veronika Voss but of course still an excellent viewing experience.

11. La quinta luna's rating of the film Fear of Fear

12. Lysistrata's rating of the film Fear of Fear

13. Daniel G's rating of the film Fear of Fear

Loved the story, colours. Got intrigued by the visual effects whenever Margot got anxious.

14. Michael Stephenson's rating of the film Fear of Fear

I thought this started a little slow, but I came to empathize with Margot as it went on. Fassbinder seems to have a knack for portraying tragic figures at the centre of public scorn.

15. Vincent T's rating of the film Fear of Fear

remember this was okay, not particularly impressive.

16. crnstsc's rating of the film Fear of Fear

margot really reminds me of cassavete's mabel

17. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Fear of Fear

4.5 4.5 One of the first films that made me want to study psychology. Beautiful and scary at the same time. We are unable to look away as we follow this lonely woman into madness. Her anxiety comes from within, and this is something that compels us to watch for as viewers in her incredible performance.

18. sekmadieniaislyja's rating of the film Fear of Fear

Valium,Leonard Cohen and charming but psychotic woman ? Yes,my kind of combination.

19. Joe Hackman's rating of the film Fear of Fear

Another good Fassbinder film featuring a chilling portrayal of depression by Margit Carstensen and some typically amazing shot design.

20. Dignan's rating of the film Fear of Fear

A theme that weaves in and out of Fassbinder's oeuvre is the medicalization of bourgeois blues. Here, Margot's oppressive household and unsatisfying existence leads to panic attacks. The medical establishment subsequently hooks her to Valium, her pharmacist serves drinks and fucks her; then she's told and untold that she has "schizophrenia." Margot's CNS was alerting her to change her life, an evolutionary function

21. Odile~'s rating of the film Fear of Fear

Descenso inexorable hacia la locura de un ama de casa que recurre al alcohol y Valium para paliar su infierno emocional. Margit Carstensen nos regala aquí otra interpretación prodigiosa. 8/10

22. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Fear of Fear

Really should be a 4 1/2. A near perfect effort by Fassbinder. One of those films that gets better as it keeps on going. Brilliant

23. Stevie's rating of the film Fear of Fear

Carstensen is fantastic and her madness seems to derive from her bourgeois lifestyle. Some parallels in that respect to Antonioni's Red Desert. The strong existential theme too.

24. James Devereaux's rating of the film Fear of Fear

All of the performances are brilliant, especially the central one from Margit Carstensen.