1. Katya Kazbek's rating of the film Female Trouble

As much as I adore Divine, Edith Massey kind of steals the show in this one.

2. Renton47's rating of the film Female Trouble

I honestly believe making 'good' bad taste is one of the most precarious talents in cinema. Today provocateurs are more concerned with insulting taboos, rather than, in their sick ways, celebrating them as an affront to normalcy. This is still transgressive, and it really stings when Dawn threatens to institutionalise her daughter. It's raw and pure, sicko cat nip. Shantay you stay.

3. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film Female Trouble

poor twisted Dawn - sick stuff.

4. mimivulturul's rating of the film Female Trouble

5. EdieEmm's rating of the film Female Trouble

In which we are introduced to one of the best lines in cinema history: "I wouldn't suck your lousy dick if I was suffocating and there was oxygen in your balls!" John Waters, as always, subverting everything that's subvertible about proscriptive middle-class normativity. Why be in the thrall of the depraved spectacle that is our society when you can BE the depraved spectacle in society! Yaass queen!

6. Charles Coleman's rating of the film Female Trouble

7. Poor Margo's rating of the film Female Trouble

8. James Mackin's rating of the film Female Trouble

Divine makes an Oscar speech on the electric chair, and it's one of the great crimes of cinema she didn't get an honourary Oscar for it.

9. Kiko, um cronópio's rating of the film Female Trouble

10. Rocco's rating of the film Female Trouble

My favorite Waters. This is the moment when his satire and signature filth actually meshed 100 percent. Divine is exquisite.

11. reeves mainwaring's rating of the film Female Trouble

I'd enlist if a foreign power ever threatened my freedom to watch Female Trouble.

12. viivahate's rating of the film Female Trouble

"I'm so fucking beautiful, I can't stand myself"

13. caitlin.f's rating of the film Female Trouble

truly one of the best. but i have a soft spot for john waters! :)

14. Leroy Martin's rating of the film Female Trouble

"the world of heterosexual is a sick and boring life!"

15. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Female Trouble

16. Videograms's rating of the film Female Trouble

You should've bought her the damn Cha Cha heels!!!!

17. miacarvalho's rating of the film Female Trouble

18. Rafael Zen's rating of the film Female Trouble

Completely over the top, loud and chaotic, this low budget film shows the american underworld as filthy and magical as it probably is. Underacted,it is a hilarious tale about how low people can go. If I had to put Female Trouble in one unique category, it would have to be: Screamed Acting.

19. anschyn's rating of the film Female Trouble

things that bother me so much, his eyebrows, accents, and his expression of excitement.

20. Anastasia's rating of the film Female Trouble

maybe, the most disgusting masterpiece. so absurd and so ugly. the saddest one from Waters. i'm starting to understand where Solondz' palindromic vision of the world comes from.

21. Harley133's rating of the film Female Trouble

RIP Divine. Not only is this one of Water's best, but Divine's as well. The utter ridiculous of it pushes itself into the minds of all lovers of art and cinema. Although Hairspray is my favourite John Waters film, and indeed favourite film outright, this film comes a very close second.

22. Paula Guthat's rating of the film Female Trouble

This may be my favorite Waters film of all time...all of his recurring themes are here. A remarkably prescient film which foretold the present reality show culture.

23. Fernando Chaves's rating of the film Female Trouble

Maybe the best filthy film from Waters midnight madness period, and the best display of Divine dinvinity!

24. D I A N A's rating of the film Female Trouble