1. Psycoteraphy's rating of the film Femme fatale

2. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Femme fatale

re-watch. Up* After recently re-watching a bunch of De Palma, then revisiting this, which I'd only seen once who knows when-- mind. is. blown.

3. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film Femme fatale

4. robertsandu's rating of the film Femme fatale

Like a good magic act that you know is fake, but it's done with such skill that it doesn't even matter. It's almost exclusively an exercise in form, but the director goes all in on this one. Sexy, dreamy, having just enough story to provide a basic carcass for the images to unwind, this is cinematic show-ponying of the highest order almost.

5. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Femme fatale

Rebecca Romjin going down on Rie Rasmussen is the highlight of the movie in this confused "who fools who" movie filled with hallucinations, dreams and flashbacks. It is gorgeous to look at and Rebecca is hardly difficult to look at, but the acting itself is non-existent and I hate the kind-of reset button twist at the end.

6. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Femme fatale

Rewatch. Seems very new and old-fashioned at the same time. In its way, it picks up where Body Double left off in that just as that film was a deconstruction of sorts of a modern 'thriller,' this one seems to deconstruct the conventions of roman noir/film noir.

7. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Femme fatale

The third star is because Rebecca Romijn tells Antonio Banderas "You don't have to lick my ass. Just fuck me!"

8. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Femme fatale

9. Viginti_tres's rating of the film Femme fatale

He literally foregrounds the answer in multiple shots, but it's still a shock when it comes. Primarily because you spend most of the runtime questioning just what the hell this movie actually is. A collection of cool sequences and concepts cut from prior pictures is one answer, De Palma's homage to his own prior homages. The serpent of cinema swallowing its own tail as it wraps around a breast.

10. Diego Carrera's rating of the film Femme fatale

11. Palmat's rating of the film Femme fatale

An interesting and suspenseful movie that might not make much sense if closely scrutinized but it delivers in narrative purpose and pacing. Romijn makes for a compelling lead and get to show her range but Banderas is miscast but servicable. Great support from Henry and Coyote though. Camera work is amazing as is the score from Sakamoto. Probably the last decent film from De Palma.

12. Ryan Swen's rating of the film Femme fatale

Like 10 knives to the gut, in the most pleasurable possible way.

13. Balthaz21's rating of the film Femme fatale

14. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Femme fatale

Generally, Brian De Palma is not the director you should look to for a take on female psychology—he's too enamored of male fantasies, and the two are barely tangent. But I'd be curious to know what women cinephiles make of this one. Its good girl/bad girl split makes for an intriguing inner life: the "good girl" may be safer, but there's real satisfaction in knowing she could be the "bad girl" if she really wanted.

15. Renton47's rating of the film Femme fatale

What the! Inconceivably brazen film, the apotheosis of De Palm's cinema so far, perfect symbiosis of style and content. What this film does in the final 10 minutes is positively confounding, a grand testament to the dream-like quality of cinema, the visualisation of our wildest desires. Bold film from a filmmaker who dared to challenge the conventions of trash by offering it to us as art. I accept your offer.

16. lina maj's rating of the film Femme fatale

To some extent, De Palma knows how to lead the viewer by the nose and turns Rebecca Romijn into a really bad bitch. Yet, the ending was compeletely flat. The blue room with running water was my favorite. Banderas looked funnily misplaced as if transported from some Almodovar's movie.

17. le Gars's rating of the film Femme fatale

18. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Femme fatale

Many of his most interesting films (like this one) feel like dreams. The less successful ones are like someone else's dream retold to you in tedious detail.

19. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Femme fatale

De Palma's contrived style reaches a climax with this reference hyperbole. Overwrought, a movie with absolutely no sense for rhythm or thrill. Navel-gazing in a cul-de-sac.

20. Hugo Dietür's rating of the film Femme fatale

I could love that film "only in my dream"...

21. Sarde238's rating of the film Femme fatale

What a scenario and that masterpiece is actually not so bad.

22. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film Femme fatale

Ah, what mastery of the in-your-face artifice! Rarely have I been so narcissistically entertained. I love the world/dreamworld/world De Palma creates, a true cinematic penis-space.

23. ExperimentoFilm's rating of the film Femme fatale

Starts out a bit Feuillade and then goes a bit Besson but ends up typical De Palma.

24. tylergfoster's rating of the film Femme fatale

hallucinatory erotica shouldn't be so boring.