1. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Femme fatale

The third star is because Rebecca Romijn tells Antonio Banderas "You don't have to lick my ass. Just fuck me!"

2. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Femme fatale

3. jonijtr's rating of the film Femme fatale

The most nastiest heist ever done in the history of cinema

4. Viginti_tres's rating of the film Femme fatale

He literally foregrounds the answer in multiple shots, but it's still a shock when it comes. Primarily because you spend most of the runtime questioning just what the hell this movie actually is. A collection of cool sequences and concepts cut from prior pictures is one answer, De Palma's homage to his own prior homages. The serpent of cinema swallowing its own tail as it wraps around a breast.

5. Diego Carrera's rating of the film Femme fatale

6. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film Femme fatale

An interesting and suspenseful movie that might not make much sense if closely scrutinized but it delivers in narrative purpose and pacing. Romijn makes for a compelling lead and get to show her range but Banderas is miscast but servicable. Great support from Henry and Coyote though. Camera work is amazing as is the score from Sakamoto. Probably the last decent film from De Palma.

7. Ryan Swen's rating of the film Femme fatale

Like 10 knives to the gut, in the most pleasurable possible way.

8. Balthaz21's rating of the film Femme fatale

9. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Femme fatale

Generally, Brian De Palma is not the director you should look to for a take on female psychology—he's too enamored of male fantasies, and the two are barely tangent. But I'd be curious to know what women cinephiles make of this one. Its good girl/bad girl split powers an intriguing inner life: the "good girl" may be safer, but there's real satisfaction in knowing she could be the "bad girl" if she really wanted.

10. Renton47's rating of the film Femme fatale

What the! Inconceivably brazen film, the apotheosis of De Palm's cinema so far, perfect symbiosis of style and content. What this film does in the final 10 minutes is positively confounding, a grand testament to the dream-like quality of cinema, the visualisation of our wildest desires. Bold film from a filmmaker who dared to challenge the conventions of trash by offering it to us as art. I accept your offer.

11. lina maj's rating of the film Femme fatale

To some extent, De Palma knows how to lead the viewer by the nose and turns Rebecca Romijn into a really bad bitch. Yet, the ending was compeletely flat. The blue room with running water was my favorite. Banderas looked funnily misplaced as if transported from some Almodovar's movie.

12. le Gars's rating of the film Femme fatale

13. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Femme fatale

Many of his most interesting films (like this one) feel like dreams. The less successful ones are like someone else's dream retold to you in tedious detail.

14. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Femme fatale

De Palma's contrived style reaches a climax with this reference hyperbole. Overwrought, a movie with absolutely no sense for rhythm or thrill. Navel-gazing in a cul-de-sac.

15. Hugo Dietür's rating of the film Femme fatale

I could love that film "only in my dream"...

16. Bafzer's rating of the film Femme fatale

What a scenario and that masterpiece is actually not so bad.

17. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film Femme fatale

Ah, what mastery of the in-your-face artifice! Rarely have I been so narcissistically entertained. I love the world/dreamworld/world De Palma creates, a true cinematic penis-space.

18. ExperimentoFilm's rating of the film Femme fatale

Starts out a bit Feuillade and then goes a bit Besson but ends up typical De Palma.

19. tylergfoster's rating of the film Femme fatale

hallucinatory erotica shouldn't be so boring.

20. film_lies101's rating of the film Femme fatale

This is artful trash, so goddamn entertaining

21. paul oram's rating of the film Femme fatale

Tedious, contrived, confused.

22. Nicolas's rating of the film Femme fatale

I'm pretty sure this film was made just so DePalma could film two chicks making out. Total perv.

23. Noisehead's rating of the film Femme fatale

i remember watching this film back then in cinema..one of the greatest experience in my fuckin' life..intoxicating..stylish and briliant cinematography as usual from Mr. De Palma.

24. Lorena Brandão's rating of the film Femme fatale